Exhaust system ideas, help please.

95Integls5speed

I have a stock 5 speed ls. I'm just trying to get an idea of anyone with a stock car and there exhuast system set up/ combinations. Performance and sound. Resonator/no resonator, brand muffler only/ whole system.You get the idea. I seem to like the Skunk system and it also seems to sound better complete than just using the skunk muffler(mega power). There exhaust system seems to sound really nice to me, but if anyone can tell me how loud this is from inside the car. Plus I'm thinkin of getting a password jdm intake. I know the intake alone will greatly increase the loudness inside the car. This coupled with the skunk system really loud inside the car? Thank you to all!!

riotfish

yeah i was looking at that one, but im leaning towards a GReddy system, i would rather have a quieter one personally. have you checked out the EVO 2 exhaust system from greddy?

95Integls5speed

Checked the greddy a little bit. I had a shop put some pipes on. New cat, no resonator, 2.25" piping, and a muffler i bought from advance auto. It was clearance, like $12 instead of $50. Stainless steel. Description of muffler was deep mellow sound. Well that it is, in fact to deep and mellow and louder inside the car than I thought. I'm looking for something more on the other end of the spectrum. Maybe more agressive sounding, higher not so deep. Just a little tinny sounding with some crackle and pop. Something to match up with an intake. The sound of the engine with an intake like password jdm sounds race car like. This would be the sound I like. Maybe stock type muffler with intake. Anybody know how to get the backpressure pops? Most noticeable when downshifting and revving engine. I know some people don't like this, but I do.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
I have the skunk2 cat back on my DA with a DC sport header sounds amazing. It don't have that loud ricey sound but a deeper one instead.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I have the skunk2 cat back on my DA with a DC sport header sounds amazing. It don't have that loud ricey sound but a deeper one instead.
I am looking for a deeper sound on exhaust. I have decided on the dc sport header. How does the greddy ti-c sound?

patrick4588

Integra God
i just lol'd when i read this. i have had sooo many ppl there exhaust is deep and not ricey and then i hear it and its the epitome of rice. not saying yours is, just funny everyone thinks there exhaust is deep and not ricey

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
personally, i haven't heard more than a handful of integras that sound really good with an exhaust on a completely/mildly modified motor. the engines just werent made to put out nicer exhaust notes. i've heard the same exhaust on 2 different but same cars and honestly you cant judge the sound by other's opinions.

If you want something loud and that flows well, pick up an N1 style like the Skunk2, HKS Hi-Power, Apex'i N1, Spoon N1, etc.

You might even want to check into a twin-loop/twin pass like the Mugen or OBX.

You're not really going to notice much of a difference bolting an exhaust onto a bone-stock car. Minimal feeling if anything really.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i just lol'd when i read this. i have had sooo many ppl there exhaust is deep and not ricey and then i hear it and its the epitome of rice. not saying yours is, just funny everyone thinks there exhaust is deep and not ricey
My exhaust sounds deep. Truth.