Newb with a question about bolt on's.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I have a 99 Integra GS, I am new to acura's as in the past I have had mostly dsm's and low rider chevy's. I got sick of fixing the dsm's so I got an acura. I have started looking at exhausts (mainly Greddy) and I was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for on headers (i have 1.8 vtec). Also would any of you recommend getting a high flow cat since I am replacing the headers and cat back exhaust anyway? Thanks for your knowledge.

patrick4588

Integra God
unless you got a motor swap, your 99 gs does not have a vtec motor. also you only have one header**. not headers. i would get a high flow cat (carsound makes good ones). just make sure to match your piping up, you dont want to bottleneck anything

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
pick up a 4-2-1 header, magnaflow direct fit hi flow cat, then through what ever exhaust you like. I have a Greddy dt, and love it. But i like my teg different from everyone else, And I like it quiet. So if you like it quiet, get a Greddy dt. or sp2, and if you like it loud get a EVO or Ti-c. You can't go wrong with any of that.

99sil-teg

Yeah my bad, car not a v-tec... my accord I just wrecked was. I have been looking at the Ti-C exhaust. For a header I was looking at greddy also but is there another option that might be a little cheaper? A greddy header is about $400.

99sil-teg

Would you recommend gutting it (I live in the NW corner of MO... they don't look to close at it) or will the performance be the same either way?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Gutting your cat will reduce power. Don't do it. Just get a high flow cat that matches your header and exhaust diameter

99sil-teg

Is there anything else (other than header, cat, and catback) that I should replace since I am replacing all of this?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I ran a Carsound cat for 4 years and it never crapped out on me. Get a reputable brand like that, don't run rich, and it'll last.

heykosal

Angkorian
Since hes non vtec i'd just go with the 4-2-1 too boost the midrange that the LS already has.

Get an intake while you're at it.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
go 4-2-1 u have good low end now.i say get a hi flow cat for sure. i run dc race header works good im happy.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Get the DC 4-2-1 one piece header with a good aftermarket cat. like the others mentioned. Also welcom lets see some pics of your car.

99sil-teg

Pics soon to come. Right now I don't have any of it cuz it is bone stock other than tint (I know sad) I have been trying to decide which way to go. (Exhaust or wheels) How much was the Carsound cat?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Pics soon to come. Right now I don't have any of it cuz it is bone stock other than tint (I know sad) I have been trying to decide which way to go. (Exhaust or wheels) How much was the Carsound cat?
I'd work on the suspension before the motor. The Carsound cat is about $100 I believe. Don't quote me on that.