A Few Questions

SilverSketch

AcuraLover
Hey guys I'm new to the forums, i just had a few questions. I'm a new driver, I'm getting a 2001 Acura Integra GS soon. I was wondering what You alls opinion on them was. Iwas also wondering if anyone had any clue on what insurance would be a year on this car. Also any advice, please do tell.

Thanks all.

jd94psi

Slightly Removed
depends on ur policy and company and how many other cars are on the policy and all that. im paying 80 every 2 weeks to my mom and i dont member what it equals out to and what the period of time is month wise but i know its ridiculous, but were getting new insurance with my new step dad which droppped it down more then half. so it all depends mann, welcome to CI tho 8)

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Depending what state your in insurance prices will change. Most likely your looking at 1200-1400 a year for insurance.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
depends on ur policy and company and how many other cars are on the policy and all that. im paying 80 every 2 weeks to my mom and i dont member what it equals out to and what the period of time is month wise but i know its ridiculous, but were getting new insurance with my new step dad which droppped it down more then half. so it all depends mann, welcome to CI tho 8)
x2! And welcome to CI!

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
im using gecio insurance and i pay my mom $95 monthly. that would be cheaper if Let your mom own your car for insurance reason and add you as driver to ur mom's insurance.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
im using gecio insurance and i pay my mom $95 monthly. that would be cheaper if Let your mom own your car for insurance reason and add you as driver to ur mom's insurance.
parent doesnt have to own the car to have their child on their insurance plan. i own my car and am able to be on my mothers insurance plan. i'm not sure if it has to do with living in the same household or not...it may. i pay around $1100/year for a GS-R that way...if i had my own policy i was looking at ~$3500/year. Turning 25 in less than a year then i'll venture on my own with insurance haha.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
parent doesnt have to own the car to have their child on their insurance plan. i own my car and am able to be on my mothers insurance plan. i'm not sure if it has to do with living in the same household or not...it may. i pay around $1100/year for a GS-R that way...if i had my own policy i was looking at ~$3500/year. Turning 25 in less than a year then i'll venture on my own with insurance haha.
having your parents own the car makes you a "secondary driver" so technically they drive the car more then you do... even tho it's your car.

For me it was cheaper to get my own insurance plan rather then be on with my parents tho.. I fucked up hardcore when I was young so I pay like 150 bucks a month on a 93 civic.... Just for liability.

Don't fuck up. lol

SilverSketch

AcuraLover
Thanks everyone, I'm glad people on here are willign to help me out and give me some advice.

Thanks again guys.

And yeah, my mom will be owning my car and putting me as a secondary driver. I just asked today and it should be about 1050 every 6 months which is freakin ridiculous hahaha

hopefully i can figure soemthing out that will make it drop

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I pay about $50 a month for just liabilty. I am 21 and the only driver listed on it... oh and a clean driving record :D (Good Lawyer)

jd94psi

Slightly Removed
Thanks everyone, I'm glad people on here are willign to help me out and give me some advice.

Thanks again guys.

And yeah, my mom will be owning my car and putting me as a secondary driver. I just asked today and it should be about 1050 every 6 months which is freakin ridiculous hahaha

hopefully i can figure soemthing out that will make it drop

holly shiittt i thought MINE was alot, THAT is ridiculously alot. talk to ur mom about it, i know how they can be stubborn and not wanna listen because theyve " been with the same policy for so long" sometimes theyre right because they put u as a "preferred customer" whenever they do wanna change. but just tlk to her and get more knowledge about it coming from ur own personal household with payments and shit.

but i still think 1050 every SIX months is ALOT

Trishamayx3

Pink Pants Model
Welcome, i own an have my own policy in the state of maryland with 1pt on my license an pay 120 for full coverage with 24/7 roadside assistance. I did hear that usually insurance is sky high for these type cars, but i've see people some wtih pretty cheap insurance.

SilverSketch

AcuraLover
Yeah i know, its pretty insane, the only things im trying to do are get A's and B's haha, (if its even possible) yes im still in high school. lol, and i want to go in and do some thing with a video/class kinda thing. Maybe some little discounts. I need to talk to my mom about all that stuff. And i HAVE to have full coverage, since im getting the car w a loan. So yeah,hopefully i wont spend my whole rest of my school year and summer working haha. Because ill need all of my paycheck, especially since im working at good ol burger king.

at first when they told me the insurance quote, i figured they accidentally mistaked the GS w the GS-R, but then they said they didnt and i was like oh shit haha.