Nighthawk's GSR Thread

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Looks sick man! Definitely needs more of a drop. I think you should go centercapless. The custom cap makes the wheel look fake IMO. And why the Advan sticker?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Looks nice. I think the red brakes are iffy with those rims though. What kind of tires are those, Parada Spec 2?

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Yup Parada Spec-2...not sure about centercapless...i was never too fond of that look

as for the drop...i cant really go any lower with the roads around here. it wouldnt be safe by any means. pennsylvania is nothing but hills and potholes and road imperfections. i cant get my finger in between the tire and fender in the front so i know if i go any lower i'd rub.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yup Parada Spec-2...not sure about centercapless...i was never too fond of that look

as for the drop...i cant really go any lower with the roads around here. it wouldnt be safe by any means. pennsylvania is nothing but hills and potholes and road imperfections. i cant get my finger in between the tire and fender in the front so i know if i go any lower i'd rub.
It looks like you can drop the rear a tiny bit more.

i dont really feel like spending $150 on just centercaps. i personally like the acura ones.
It's all good. Still looks nice to me.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
My intake just got here today. Decided to go with an AEM SRI. Didn't want to get a cold air system as my town floods often from rain and the power differences are minor. Went with an anodized red pipe to keep the black/red theme consistent.

It'll be a few days before I get this thing on. Nearly every screw/bolt holding the box to the stock intake is completely seized up. So far I have 1 of the 3 screws holding the top of the air box on off haha. Long way to go...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My intake just got here today. Decided to go with an AEM SRI. Didn't want to get a cold air system as my town floods often from rain and the power differences are minor. Went with an anodized red pipe to keep the black/red theme consistent.

It'll be a few days before I get this thing on. Nearly every screw/bolt holding the box to the stock intake is completely seized up. So far I have 1 of the 3 screws holding the top of the air box on off haha. Long way to go...
Nice man. You're gonna love the sound of it after 6K.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Nice man. You're gonna love the sound of it after 6K.
OH MAN YOU WERENT KIDDING!!!! Wow...what a difference this thing makes.

Heres a pic of the engine bay with it installed.

I think next on the list is to get some new bolts for the few that are rusting and give it all a good cleaning. I think im also going to paint my heat shield the same crinkle black as the valve cover as well.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
OH MAN YOU WERENT KIDDING!!!! Wow...what a difference this thing makes.

Heres a pic of the engine bay with it installed.

I think next on the list is to get some new bolts for the few that are rusting and give it all a good cleaning. I think im also going to paint my heat shield the same crinkle black as the valve cover as well.
Engine bay looks good man. I would rather just get a new header, instead of painting the heatshield.

Sammich

Engine bay looks good man. I would rather just get a new header, instead of painting the heatshield.
painting the heatshield = no effort at all. JUST before my teg got stolen i painted my heatshield...and besides my SRI being blue *gay* my engine bay was sectz

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
painting the heatshield = no effort at all. JUST before my teg got stolen i painted my heatshield...and besides my SRI being blue *gay* my engine bay was sectz
did you take the heatshield off or did you just mask and spray with engine enamel?