Nighthawk's GSR Thread

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Took the day to get my calipers painted before the new wheels go on...while I was half way through, FedEx conveniently dropped off my window visors so I got those installed with pics. I'm going to tackle the rotor hubs tomorrow (painting flat black). Here are the pics enjoy!

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Looks good can't wait to see the car with the new rims.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Not a fan of painted stock calipers, but nice visors man!
I think they are semi-cheesy as well. I didnt really want to go with something so "flashy" as red...but black wouldn't have looked right with a black wheel and i think bronze/silver would have looked odd as well...so i said fuck it and went with red. I just couldn't justify having rusty/dirty calipers showing through a nice set of wheels. I have a "stand-by" appointment with an installer w/ Tire Rack...my tires just need to GET THERE ALREADY UPS! lol. I'm really hoping the ITR wing gets here tomorrow so I can get that on before the new wheels and get some pictures of the completely revamped car.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I think they are semi-cheesy as well. I didnt really want to go with something so "flashy" as red...but black wouldn't have looked right with a black wheel and i think bronze/silver would have looked odd as well...so i said fuck it and went with red. I just couldn't justify having rusty/dirty calipers showing through a nice set of wheels. I have a "stand-by" appointment with an installer w/ Tire Rack...my tires just need to GET THERE ALREADY UPS! lol. I'm really hoping the ITR wing gets here tomorrow so I can get that on before the new wheels and get some pictures of the completely revamped car.
True. The only good color to with is red. Remember to get an alignment after mounting on the tires.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
True. The only good color to with is red. Remember to get an alignment after mounting on the tires.
I'll definitely be getting an alignment...got a $5 off coupon haha. Also need a change of oil as well...first oil change with the new car. Going with full synthetic and Mobil 1 filter. The bitch definitely needs a bath too...she's almost Ninja Turtle green from all the pollen outside.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'll definitely be getting an alignment...got a $5 off coupon haha. Also need a change of oil as well...first oil change with the new car. Going with full synthetic and Mobil 1 filter. The bitch definitely needs a bath too...she's almost Ninja Turtle green from all the pollen outside.
Hamp oil filters FTW!

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
nice what next?
ITR wing *should* get here tomorrow...DHL's online tracking is worthless. I'll be installing that and coming up with a better mounting solution for my 3rd brake light (probably just going to drill holes into the hatch and screw it in place (3M tape doesnt like to hold it).

I got a TI member coming to buy my old lip on Saturday...will be ordering the OEM ITR lip then (most likely going to get it from wek'sos...great price of $99.

After all that and the rims are on the car I'm gonna chill for awhile and think about what's next...I made some stupid moves buying parts that I'm just reselling....don't want to do that again.

I'm tossing the idea around of some red Recaros and selling the GSR leathers. I'm not too fond of leather seats with my suspension setup as I slide around all over the place. I miss having the 4pt harnesses I had in my LS. Might look into a quality cat-back exhaust as well...basically will just be to enhance the sound of the car, I know I'm not looking for any real HP gains from just that. Currently considering a used Spoon N1 w/ silence, Apex'i N1, or an HKS Hi-power...based on the quality of their designs and from sound clips I've listened to. I don't want to cheap out on that part due to rasp, fitment problems, and other issues.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
ITR wing *should* get here tomorrow...DHL's online tracking is worthless. I'll be installing that and coming up with a better mounting solution for my 3rd brake light (probably just going to drill holes into the hatch and screw it in place (3M tape doesnt like to hold it).

I got a TI member coming to buy my old lip on Saturday...will be ordering the OEM ITR lip then (most likely going to get it from wek'sos...great price of $99.

After all that and the rims are on the car I'm gonna chill for awhile and think about what's next...I made some stupid moves buying parts that I'm just reselling....don't want to do that again.

I'm tossing the idea around of some red Recaros and selling the GSR leathers. I'm not too fond of leather seats with my suspension setup as I slide around all over the place. I miss having the 4pt harnesses I had in my LS. Might look into a quality cat-back exhaust as well...basically will just be to enhance the sound of the car, I know I'm not looking for any real HP gains from just that. Currently considering a used Spoon N1 w/ silence, Apex'i N1, or an HKS Hi-power...based on the quality of their designs and from sound clips I've listened to. I don't want to cheap out on that part due to rasp, fitment problems, and other issues.
I recommend the A'PEXi WS2.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
I recommend the A'PEXi WS2.
That is a nice exhaust, my friend has that on his LS. I'm looking more for a system with a straight-through muffler and resonator rather than chambered. I kind of like the design of the Thermal R&D classic as well...have only heard it on my friends GSX though, not on a Honda :(.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
That is a nice exhaust, my friend has that on his LS. I'm looking more for a system with a straight-through muffler and resonator rather than chambered. I kind of like the design of the Thermal R&D classic as well...have only heard it on my friends GSX though, not on a Honda :(.
The A'PEXi N1 is pretty nice. My friend has it on his LS. Sounds pretty good. If it was up to me, I'd get the GT Spec.