Suspension help.

Kurnero

Okay, so if anyone remembers i posted a couple weeks ago about buying my integra from a private seller. He bought custom suspension and he hasn't been answering my calls and stuff but thats besides the fact, anyways i have no idea the name of the parts of the suspension setup that he put on this teggy. I have to get it inspected and the guy inspecting it says he wont even look at it as low as it is. and its like literally 2 inches off the ground which is really low haha cant go anywhere without scraping the body kit. so he has the "adjustable" shocks (of which i can see no brand names on it) but i see the springs are "Dropzone '450??' "
im a complete newb and idn what the 450 is for i think its the torque or weight capabilites im not sure, any more insight would be awesome :)
i have 1 more week till i have to pay for temp tags again (and i dont want to do that) so i have to get this inspection done and i want to personally adjust the suspension so i know how to do it now and in the future and save money than taking it to a mechanic and him charging me a couple bucks
i turned the top 2 silver rings 20 revolutions to the right and no difference in the height.

I moved the springs up a little just because i was trying to move the 2 rings so the thin ring on top is diagnal because of that, if that makes any sense at all...

thanks for your help guys i know you guys know how to do this stuff, and soon with all the assistance i will too :D

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Did he say "I can't look at it because its lowered and I wont pass it because it is lowered," OR "I can't look at it because I cant physically get the car up on the hydraulic lift." I would try a new shop personally.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
those look like ebay red coil springs... how does it ride, theres no way they can be skunk2 coils but maybe

*edit* they're dropzones

i would say spin them up till they cant spin anymore, then go back to the same dude and tell him not to be lazy and pass your ish

Last edited:

Kurnero

haha nice, will my car run to the ground if i spin it all the way down?

the inspector is a family friend and told me 50 bucks, remove the 15% tint (30% is tint limit in MD) and raise the car and ill pass you.

more info would be sweet, thanks!

heykosal

Angkorian

the inspector is a family friend and told me 50 bucks, remove the 15% tint (30% is tint limit in MD) and raise the car and ill pass you.

I'd like to start a petition to say: fuck MD tint law!!!

heykosal

Angkorian
One of my friends got pulled over with Winners 22% the cop pulled out a scraper and made him take his tint off on the spot. Dick head young cops act like they got something to prove and shit.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic

kindly tell him no thanks and go find a shop that will pass you for 50 bucks. I am significantly dropped & tinted a and I found a shop to pass me. Good luck.

Kurnero

well the posistion that im in and the work schedule i have i really dont have the time to go look for another shop also the 1 week i have left to do it sucks, other shops charge 75$ but i know that they will find minor shit wrong with it which ill try to get fixed when i have the money to a month from now or so.

keep the info rollin i think i might raise it all the way (if turning it all the way down does that because 20 revolutions didnt but then again it didnt go far down the thread(coil?) when i did that) then work its way down to the height i want it at.

also, do i need to get the car all the way off the ground with a lift or can i just go from wheel to wheel with a jack and adjust it thanks!

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
well the posistion that im in and the work schedule i have i really dont have the time to go look for another shop also the 1 week i have left to do it sucks, other shops charge 75$ but i know that they will find minor shit wrong with it which ill try to get fixed when i have the money to a month from now or so.

keep the info rollin i think i might raise it all the way (if turning it all the way down does that because 20 revolutions didnt but then again it didnt go far down the thread(coil?) when i did that) then work its way down to the height i want it at.

also, do i need to get the car all the way off the ground with a lift or can i just go from wheel to wheel with a jack and adjust it thanks!
yeah, you can just jack each wheel and do it your self. But you'll have to drive up on something inorder to get the jack under the car. Since its to low.

DrkRos3

just get some wood like some 2x4 or something. what ever you have. and drive up on that and then put the jack under. adjusting the coilovers is not that hard. its just takes some time cuase you have to do each wheel .