Electrical Issues...PLEASE HELP

Okay, I have a few problems with my 91 LS.
First is the tach wont work. Everything else of the cluster works. I just put a 2nd cluster in today(thanks Ricky) and it still doesnt work. I checked the manual I have, it only tells me how to replace the cluster, it doesnt give any trouble shooting references.
I cant get my cd player to work.Its a Sony. I hooked it up to test last thrusday night, it worked and played a cd fine. Friday when I go to put it in and put all the interior pieces back, it wont work.
the other thing is that the rear speakers dont work.
Here are the really odd things...When I use the right turn signal the clock blinks, if its on that is. When the driver door is opened, while the dome light is set to turn on when the door is opened, it goes off. If the dome light is set to On or Off there is still no dome light and the clock goes out.
If totally lost here. I dont have a clue about what to do other than check the fuse box. I absolutely hate wiring, I really dont want to have to screw with it.
Someone please help....

Last edited:

jason_guy_yeah

I had almost the same exact problem with my ls, it turned out to be a blown fuse (it's for the cigarette lighter), or the one with plasic around it.

wite2nr

check not only the fuse box in the passenger compartment but also the underhood fuse box. in my civic, when i put in my deck it would not turn on because of a blown fuse in the underhood box.

I had almost the same exact problem with my ls, it turned out to be a blown fuse (it's for the cigarette lighter), or the one with plasic around it.
check not only the fuse box in the passenger compartment but also the underhood fuse box. in my civic, when i put in my deck it would not turn on because of a blown fuse in the underhood box.
Thanks guys. Ill check both fuse boxes tomorrow.

Thats what it was! I checked and that fuse was blown. Thanks for the input man, it helped out a lot.
The only problem now is the Tach not working. The guy at Napa said that the tach signal comes off the negative side of the ignition coil. Does anyone know what the part looks like that sends the tach the signal. Im hoping its a sending unit or something of the sort, not wiring.