what should i look for?

B18C1_integra

well i am looking at integras and their is one by my house and its not on the lot at this moment but they said it will be back in the next few days.

i am wondering what i should look for problem wise? besides the obvious like rust and stuff. is their anything known to go out that i should look at?

Spody02

Name: Cody
not really, its a honda
300,000 miles wtf

besides like water in the trunk and few other things that arent that big
i cant think of them right now, but if you look tho noob post, we have gone over this somewhere

B18C1_integra

not really, its a honda
300,000 miles wtf

besides like water in the trunk and few other things that arent that big
i cant think of them right now, but if you look tho noob post, we have gone over this somewhere
alright i will see if i can find it

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
old belt,maintenance records,owner,tires,title,just what i look at.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Here is a list of things I would recommend checking before buying.

- Water in the trunk under the carpet...even though its usually taillight gaskets which are an easy fix).
- Blue or White smoke coming from the exhaust...this would mean it is either leaking oil or coolant
- Check for broken motor mounts
- Take a look at the drive belts and see if they are cracked/worn
- Check for rust on the muffler, exhaust piping...unless you plan on getting a cat-back, etc
- Check the tires for even wear...if the tires arent worn evenly there could be axle/suspension issues
- Check the power steering pump for leaks...PS is very expensive to fix...just the small o-ring for the top costs $8.99 from Acura.
- Look for gaps in the bumpers. The bolts/bolt locations could be rusted...thats expensive to fix as you MUST weld new metal in to fix.

Other than that I would say just use good judgement. If the car is a piece of shit...dont just buy it cause its an Integra and you want one now...the right one will come along.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Don't forget to listen to the car. Make sure there's no tapping or knocking. And if you can run a carfax report on it.

B18C1_integra

ya if everything looks good then i am going to run a car fax.

thanks for the info. the car is still not on the lot today so i have yet to look at it good still.

Bizkit64

Yo?
Make sure you dont mix up DC2 and DC4 if there is an engine swap... in the VIN first few well say "DC2" or w/e in it... Also, look for if it needs an allignment...

B18C1_integra

vin on motor and car were same. began with DC2. motor was dusty but clean with no rust, no rust on body, 4 brand new tires so i could not tell wear.rims looked good. small scuffing on 1 of the wheels the rest were pretty flawless. leather was un-ripped carpets were pretty good. brakes looked to be at about 60% front and rear. interior was good body was 9/10 few small dents and minor scratches that any 7 year old car would have. foggy drivers headlight. the dealer said that it was traded in by a guy but it was his daughters car and she went to college and had no use for it so it sat at home and was told to sell it so he traded it in. umm i did not do the magnet trick as the dude was right their. antenna was broke but he said they are replacing it. have to test drive it still but will do that when i have more time. all glass was un-chipped/cracked. think thats about all