timing problem

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
okay.. both obd2 dc4's

when i changed my timing belt, the cams are at top dead center and my crank is lined up with that notch on the timing belt cover (the white mark on the crank pully)

but when i checked on my friend's, his cams were at top dead center but the crank pulley was lined up with the notch on the timing belt cover but on the red mark on the crank pulley. not the white one

mine hasnt thrown any codes, no sputtering, no backfire action..

his was professionally installed but has backfire and threw a code (cylinder 1 and 2 misfire)

whats up with that? is his lined up wrong??

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
thats what im thinking too.. lol!! but me better than a pro? i should get paid for my services.. lol!!

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
yeah, start charging 400 bucks to change them out. a side project. haha

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Yea his deff has to be wrong if its throwing all those codes. Congrats on being better than a pro lol.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Yea his deff has to be wrong if its throwing all those codes. Congrats on being better than a pro lol.
lube tech's can do timing belts... lol, that's not a pro at all. I learned how to change a timing belt the first week of automotive school. That was before explaining an oil change....

to make sure get a timing light, but I'm pretty sure your buddy's is off. This why you texted me the other day? lol