is it true?

integration22nj

:shock:
i just got out talkin wit one my close friends, and he was telling me that getting a teg LS, and putting a v-tech system along with exhaust and GSR headers, would come out cheaper and quicker then a GSR, anyone try this? just wondering, really made me interested...:D

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
:shock:
i just got out talkin wit one my close friends, and he was telling me that getting a teg LS, and putting a v-tech system along with exhaust and GSR headers, would come out cheaper and quicker then a GSR, anyone try this? just wondering, really made me interested...:D
Please tell me you're kidding. Please... There is no such thing as a "VTEC" system. Our Integras don't have VTECH! It's fuckin VTEC! Your buddy is talking about doing an LS/VTEC conversion. I won't explain it because we have so many threads about it already. So please... Next time you want to start a thread, try searching beforehand. Thanks.

Sorry to come off like a dick. I'm just a little stressed out right now. I'm normally not like this.

98_gsr

LS/VTEC quicker than a stock gsr? yes....cheaper? no...as reliable? no....it would be wiser to just get a gsr IMO

integration22nj

hmm thanks 98_gsr, i dont know, if gsr is better (as in more reliable) i might just got with the gsr stock and then put work to it (Intake, exhaust, header). which i would done to the LS/Vtec, now im confused

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
I have an LS/VTEC conversion and honestly I would much rather own a GSR to tell you the truth, they are better designed for the power and are more reliable. :)

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Please tell me you're kidding. Please... There is no such thing as a "VTEC" system. Our Integras don't have VTECH! It's fuckin VTEC! Your buddy is talking about doing an LS/VTEC conversion. I won't explain it because we have so many threads about it already. So please... Next time you want to start a thread, try searching beforehand. Thanks.

Sorry to come off like a dick. I'm just a little stressed out right now. I'm normally not like this.
C'mon now...just because he doesn't know the proper terminology, there's no need to be so rude. Members should feel like they can come on here and ask questions. It's not T-I or HT.

Don't take your stress out on the noobie. :twocents:

integration22nj

its ok i kno im noobie to the whole motor stuff, i wish i c ould sit all day hoggin websites and forums learning bout this stuff so i dont get ripped off in the end, would be really fun, but unlike other people i have a job, and sucks cuz it requires my time, and time is short as fuck, even tho im blessed to have known and enjoy the hobby of street racing, i need a better car and have found integras with great potential for type of driver i am, personally. and sorry for my error V-TECH, i heard bout "V-TEC" in like a month. =/ wish i heard sooner

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
No biggie. Most of us have jobs, as well. Just search around the site on your free time. We have a bunch of info on LS/VTEC swaps.

Welcome to CI.

Winki

Undercover mod
eh all depends on the deal you get on a gsr compaired to geting an LS and doing the conversion

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
hybrid motors ftw!!!

It can be reliable.. do it right. Any motor that isn't reliable is because who ever made it didn't do a good enough job IMO.

I'm going to be boosting a daily driven car soon. It's still going to be some what reliable because I'll make it that way. :thumbs up

g3teg97

Super Moderator
It can be reliable.. do it right. Any motor that isn't reliable is because who ever made it didn't do a good enough job IMO.
That would be the only reason.

The are as reliable as you build them. Get quality parts, don't cut corners, do your homework and be prepared to open your wallet.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
C'mon now...just because he doesn't know the proper terminology, there's no need to be so rude. Members should feel like they can come on here and ask questions. It's not T-I or HT.

Don't take your stress out on the noobie. :twocents:
I know... I said I was sorry.