Ice Cold....Comptech SRI

SFLS

I am looking for a Comptech Ice box as my first mod. Should I dish out the extra cash and get the short ram to go with the icebox. Is the stock air inlet pipe sufficient? What is needed for the install of the icebox? Do I need to rip out my stock box, or just remove it? Does the icebox come with a filter, or can I get a K&N filter for it?

SFLS

Can you be a bit more elaborate with your opinion please? Where can I find this intake in stock?

SFLS

Does the short ram intake give better performance then the stock inlet pipe. Worth the money?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The Comptech SRI doesn't add too much vs. using the stock arm, particularly on an engine with just bolt on's it add's virtually nothing. I bought the SRI to go with my Icebox after a few years of using the stock arm, but mainly because it looked better and I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, I wanted to give my car a treat. But with my advanced mods I'm sure I'll pick up some HP in the upper RPM's, haven't dyno'ed since it's been on there. And now there's no way to tell for sure because I've also added a new header since my last dyno.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Check this out. I bought my Icebox from IPS Racing in Mass, I ordered over the phone. First I ordered the Icebox, then I said I wanted the Comptech SRI also to go with it, and IPS told me don't even bother, it doesn't add any power over using the stock arm. They had a for sure sale of a Comptech SRI right in front of them, and said to me don't buy it, it won't help you. So take that for what its worth.

Stock arm:

Comptech arm: