side molding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oppi-10

yin yin
i was wondering how the side moldings on the doors and rear quarter panels are held on if its by clips or tape does anyone know?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
They are plugged in. The only way to get rid of them pull them out, weld the holes shut and repaint it

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
They're held on with clip type holders, don't know for sure if there's tape also, but you can see the clips holding them on the doors with the interior door panel off. You can just squeeze the clip together and pop them out from inside the doors and rear quarter panels, looks pretty easy.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
^x2. They serve a purpose, but look ugly, IMO. I took 'em off. lol

They're held on by clips and one screw on each side (driver and passenger), though. No tape. I don't know if it differs, but on G3s, you open your door, remove the small black cap on the inside and take out that screw first. I didn't feel like removing the door panels then, so I just took a flat head to the moldings after that and pried them off. lol Gotta take off the door panels to weld the holes shut anyway, so you're better off doing that. Unless you like sticking your hands in the door afterwards to fish for the ends of the plastic clips. It sucked.

Be SURE to treat the inside of the welds for rust immediately after welding! They rust quick.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Although it looks better without them, they do serve a purpose.
not for mine.. all my dings from other cars are on level with the door handle..

just by itr doors.. my friend bought some jdm ones, came with power folding mirrors, window visors, itr door panels, no holes, and the cf window switches..

but it was a bitch cuz we had to swap harnesses.. lol!!

if you get the usdm ones, it wont come with power folding mirrors and window visors.. most likely..

Last edited: