Mpg

SFLS

I have an automatic and am averaging 200 miles on a full tank. I live in San Francisco. Lots of hills. Does this sound right? No Mods

SFLS

I am stock with an automatic. I mostly do city driving with some HWY driving. I live in san francisco and there are lots of hills here. The car has 26K miles. I checked the air filter and it looked fine. Should i do a tune up. The car sat in a garage most of its life. All service was done at local dealer. Any help please.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Try changing your fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. O2 sensor too. I get about 250 miles on a full tank. Combined city/hwy. I get more than 300 if I do more highway though.

SFLS

OK. So i would want a step up from OEM.
What should I get and from where?

Thinking
NGK plugs and wires
MSD Cap And Rotor
Filters ?
O2 Sensor?

yunwawa

hills out there are killer. I say you might be able to squeeze out some more mileage with the things recommended however if your daily commute is a windy hill during rush hour traffic you might just be wasting cash

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It's a good thing you drive an auto since you live in San Francisco. I'd hate to drive my DB8 sround there daily.

heykosal

Angkorian
In addition to what Matt recommends, i'd like to add to make sure that you keep your tires properly inflated!

Idk, hopefully after replacing all those parts you'll gain some mileage because my car gives me 280-300+ miles on a tank regularly!
But thats still not great its only about 22 or 23 mpg...dissapointing for a 5sp FF 1.8L if you ask me.

Last edited:

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
I/E, NGK plugs, BLOX TPS sensor,lightweight rims, halfstripped interior--5sp LS w/143k, filled up 10 gallons today at 280 miles,...

stop and go traffic, 30mph zone half the way to work...HARDCORE traffic (FTL!)

EDITED--typo

Last edited:

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
I'm getting around 225-250 on city, but the other day, I dove 100 hiway miles the other day and got 40 mpg. Driving around 70 the whole way too.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
In addition to what Matt recommends, i'd like to add to make sure that you keep your tires properly inflated!

Idk, hopefully after replacing all those parts you'll gain some mileage because my car gives me 280-300+ miles on a tank regularly!
Seriously? Do you do a lot of stop-and-go driving? That's me everyday in L.A. traffic.

heykosal

Angkorian
Well I used to do a lot of stop-and-go back when my job required me to travel through rush hour traffic. Now I work in the total opposite direction. So when rush hour traffic is traveling south in the morning, i'm actually going north. Conversely, during the evening when rush hour traffic is going north, i'm heading back south. Works out very well for me.
Plus I live in the sububs so a lot of times the roads are open. From a stop light i'll gradually accelerate to cruising speed(usually between 30-50mph) and not have to really slow or stop until I encounter another red light. So basically the most stop-and-go i'm doing is when I get caught at traffic lights.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Well I used to do a lot of stop-and-go back when my job required me to travel through rush hour traffic. Now I work in the total opposite direction. So when rush hour traffic is traveling south in the morning, i'm actually going north. Conversely, during the evening when rush hour traffic is going north, i'm heading back south. Works out very well for me.
Plus I live in the sububs so a lot of times the roads are open. From a stop light i'll gradually accelerate to cruising speed(usually between 30-50mph) and not have to really slow or stop until I encounter another red light. So basically the most stop-and-go i'm doing is when I get caught at traffic lights.
No wonder your mileage is kicking ass...