Problem with new Integra

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
Hello everyone, Im new and I'm hoping to get help. I just bought a 1994 Integra LS (Automatic w/o VTEC [plan on swapping VTEC in later]) for $2,000 and love it so much. It has 150k miles on it and still runs amazingly. I have a lot of work to do but I'm limited with money (I'm 18 bussing tables twice a week) so the process will be long and slow. So far the only problem I've noticed is a sticky transmission (the car sometimes will stay in second) and a mysterious puddle of water that keeps forming in the back where the spare tire is. I was totally planning on buying a 240sx but ended up buying this because I love the front end of it. So I don't know anything about Acura's/Honda's. Any help and/or tips will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Also, the car is completely stock and I couldn't get it to spin tires on wet pavement at all. Is this just because Tegs are really slow or is something wrong?

Here are two pictures of my car:

Integra's FTW!

Last edited:

98_gsr

not sure on the answer for your sticky transmission issue...but the water in your trunk is usually caused by sunroof drain tubes and taillight gaskets...its also hard to spin the tires in a automatic LS

also congrats on your purchase and welcome to the integra world!!

IntegraC05

well congrats on buying ur first integra, i'm on my second integra, and honestly u paid a little to much for urs, i sold my 95 ls to a dealer with 165k for 900 bucks, as for the trans issue, mine did it a little bit, but it wouldn' get stuck, the water in the trunk, prob ur tail light gaskets, it happend to my ls when i had it. as for spinning the tires. on dry almost never, on wet u should be able to get them to spin a little bit, but people said i had a freak ls so who knows. haha

jdm_mike19

trans sticking check to see if ur low on fluid cause that could be a problem i never had a automatic but i know that can cause it and if ur trying to spin the tires on wet pavment its not really gonna work since u cant dump the clutch at high rpms and if u are revving it in N and then slamming to 1ist 2nd or D that can fuck ur tranny up hela bad so just drive it save money fix that tail light gasket and save and swap for a gsr and then u can smoke tires all u want....congrats on the ls i have a 1994 rs integra Red on si dumped stick shift thank god lol if u wanna check it click my page and theres a pic on there..

Mike.

heykosal

Angkorian
well congrats on buying ur first integra, i'm on my second integra, and honestly u paid a little to much for urs, i sold my 95 ls to a dealer with 165k for 900 bucks, as for the trans issue, mine did it a little bit, but it wouldn' get stuck, the water in the trunk, prob ur tail light gaskets, it happend to my ls when i had it. as for spinning the tires. on dry almost never, on wet u should be able to get them to spin a little bit, but people said i had a freak ls so who knows. haha
So do you think that dealer turned around and sold it again for $900? F*ck no they probably sold it for about the same as he bought his teg for..$2000!

But you definietly should be able to spin in the wet, well...i was gonna say high rpm clutch drop but since its an auto try brake torqueing.(sp?)

MMMMMMMM MILANO RED:drool:

Spody02

Name: Cody
haha well welcome
but dont ever tegs are slow
i'll fight you...
haha
but everyone has pretty much solved your problems
but the auto tranny... not to sure about that one
and too spin the tries
see you sell your car and buy a gsr or itr
and then you can spin them
it works great

anewbreedx008x

yeah you dont need to spin tires at all...it doesnt do anything good to your car. tegs are infamous for water in the trunk. even my rsx did that after a hard rain one day

Drifter3000

Integra FTW!
and too spin the tries
see you sell your car and buy a gsr or itr
and then you can spin them
it works great
lol, If I had the money I would. I'm looking to convert my car into a VTEC somehow. Also, I'd like to thank everyone for the help and I'm so glad to be apart of this community.