B16? B17? B18? B18c? WTH is my enigne?

TeknO.StatiK

I wanna know what engine model this is

That pic was hard to find and it didn't say what engine it was, I found it when I searched for Integra Engines... not only that, google didn't help when I searched for B17s!!

B16 and B18 I googled too, but dey don't look like what I have in my 91' LS 3-door Manual transmission integra. (Descriptive enough? xD)

Just let me know what this engine is, My enigne is JUST like that with the exception that it doesn't have the VTEC thing next to the distributor, at the end of the exhaust camshaft. just a black cover sealed by the valve cover, and two or three holes that imply a possible VTEC thing being there before ^_^. I'll take pics when I find my camera tho.

Thanks yo!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
My enigne is JUST like that with the exception that it doesn't have the VTEC thing next to the distributor, at the end of the exhaust camshaft. just a black cover sealed by the valve cover, and two or three holes that imply a possible VTEC thing being there before ^_^. I'll take pics when I find my camera tho.

Thanks yo!
Like this?

Close up

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
YEAH! Just like that!

Why is it missing that VTEC control thing that is shown on the Haynes manual? U think that engine is VTEC-ready or something? =D

- TerknO.StatiK
B18A engines don't have VTEC. Sorry buddy.

TeknO.StatiK

B18A engines don't have VTEC. Sorry buddy.
I already knew it didn't have VTEC... not mine at least.

So that thing's just a teaser from Honda? DAMMIT! >_<

What about if I change pistons and camshafts? I'm pretty sure there has to be something I can do to make it a VTEC.

Notice I said PRETTY SURE. I'll let you know the results of mah research tho. :|

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I already knew it didn't have VTEC... not mine at least.

So that thing's just a teaser from Honda? DAMMIT! >_<

What about if I change pistons and camshafts? I'm pretty sure there has to be something I can do to make it a VTEC.

Notice I said PRETTY SURE. I'll let you know the results of mah research tho. :|
You would need to change to a VTEC head. For ex. B16A/B, B18C, etc.

TeknO.StatiK

By The Way, I'm starting my research pretty much from scrap.

I used to think All 90 thru 93' integras had the same engine... This is my first f*cking car for god's sake!!! and I just learned how an engine works two years ago! >_< /m

so 'scuse me for asking around <.<

Recent discoveries http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=12537&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic: http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1000

This means that if I have to swap camshafts, imma have to swap heads, and if I swap heads I have to swap lobes and valve cover...

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=12537&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

jason_guy_yeah

What your wanting to do it is callsed "ls/vtec". And to do this coversion has a good wealth of information. Or you could get a vtec engine (b-series) b16's or b18c. But, google up "how vtec works".