Thermostat replacement

bobbyteenager

i am going to replace my Thermostat tommrow, i have read about it in the Haynes manual,

has anyone done this, it looks really straight forward, i.e drain coolant,then its like three bolts to take off.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
<- Never said it wasnt cramped in there.

98_gsr

dont drain the coolant from the bottom...that little plastic piece is a bitch to get out and get back in without stripping it. just put the pan under the car and let the coolant run out when you take the thermostadt out. also take your intake off it makes it alot easier.

bobbyteenager

dont drain the coolant from the bottom...that little plastic piece is a bitch to get out and get back in without stripping it. just put the pan under the car and let the coolant run out when you take the thermostadt out. also take your intake off it makes it alot easier.

really i havnt had troble with the plastic part.

98_gsr

damn your lucky then...when i did the thermo on my buddys car that plastic piece made me say a lot of bad things haha

Man A

homewreker
uhm dont drain from the radiator. you will still get a mess. try to drain from the engine. the drain bolt is to the left side of the exhaust manifold(header) on the BLOCK

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Funny. My thermostat broke last week. You should just get the Mugen or Spoon one. Activates the fans at a lower set temperature.