Can you swap a civic B16a2 motor into a 1994 LS/RS integra?

K3Ntegra

I was originally intending on getting a 6th gen civic coupe. but im having a hard time finding one that fits what im looking for, so i decided to look at 3rd gen integras, and saw one. Its a 1994 integra with 108k mile with some nice mods (intake, exhaust, 17" rims). All for $3300, will try to talk him down to $3000 though.

So i was wondering could i swap a b16 motor from say a 99/2000 civic si or so?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes you can but it's the best of idea's. A torqueless B16 struggles with the heavier Integra. It will probably be about as fast as a LS at best unless it's built

acurater

yes you can,bolt right in but why????? you will lose torque.
not worth the gain in hp IMO ,but you could go ls vtec.:)

santanard

VTAKKKK
yes you can but PLEASE dont do it...its a downgrade they have no torque...keep the LS and put a Vtec head on it.

K3Ntegra

so i'd probably be better off getting a gsr engine then. thanks for the input. As for LS vtec, how much of a performance increase can i expect from it?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
so i'd probably be better off getting a gsr engine then. thanks for the input. As for LS vtec, how much of a performance increase can i expect from it?
Well if you're on a budget, going LS/VTEC would be your best bet. Put in a liltte more cash, then get the B18C1. Both have a good amount of potential of making decent power.

santanard

VTAKKKK
an LS-VTEC is stronger than a GSR.. mean more HP because the LS has more TQ than the GSR..but the GSR has more HP so you put a GSR Head and LS Block you get alot of ponys