Blox Racing

rspjean

im trying to find some info on this company but cant . is it a good quality company ? i was gonna buy skunk 2 intake mani and throttle body but i found blox intake mani and throttle body for 310 together. anyone got any feed back on this company ?

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
i bought rear lower controls bar from them...they've been getting better over the years...as well as more expensive

heykosal

Angkorian
Skunk2>Blox

Blox Racing is where Skunk2 was 10 years ago. Blox is pretty new (since 2003) but the founder of the company is an old school Honda guy so im sure the products are good:thumbs up. Just not to Skunk2 level.

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
blox/buddyclub/skunk2 they all do the same thing, just come with a different logo on the box and that's what you pay for....Get the skunk 2 if you wanna be able to say "hey i have skunk2" If you don't care about your flashy status, go with what's the best bang for the buck.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
There are differences in all those aftermarket IM's like plenum volume, runner legnth and diameter. All these differences make a difference in HP and TQ increases/where the increase peakes/size and location of the powerband.
HERE'S a great thread on TI about that. <---an example of TI at it's best.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
blox/buddyclub/skunk2 they all do the same thing, just come with a different logo on the box and that's what you pay for....Get the skunk 2 if you wanna be able to say "hey i have skunk2" If you don't care about your flashy status, go with what's the best bang for the buck.

Yea that's not really true. Blox makes alot of knock-off skunk 2 parts. Some things, like their intake manis and suspension parts are comparable to skunk 2 but other products are not. For instance when skunk 2 was coming out with their newest pro-series cams, blox immediately tried to copy them (as they always do) well that didn't work out too hot because the copies they got from skunk weren't the actual production version skunk was selling but a set of their unfinished ones. Long story short, bunch of people were picking up the blox cams and no one could get them to idle. Skunk ended up fixing the design and selling the real cams, that they designed, and actually worked.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I'm looking into getting a 66mm throttle body for the teg, was leaning towards Skunk2. The BLOX doesn't look to bad either.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
Blox and Skunk2 are basically the same, Blox was started by a couple of former Skunk 2 guys, so there's not much of a difference in the parts. they are basically the same through and through

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
X2 they're not the same. That's alot of im info. I know that they're previous employees. The problem is that they always try to copy some skunk products in someway and always screw it up. As I said before, stealing prototype cams( they didn't idle) Valve spring pressures are way off what skunks are. Their are big differences between the two. I just don't like how they can't put any r&d into their own product.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I heard the same thing about the previous employees. I couldn't tell you if they're getting better (referred to Blox) or not but I do see the LCAs a lot on Honda-Tech.

Personally, if it were up to me and done to these two companies I'd go with Skunk2.

samace_sg

Second Glance
Personally, I had issues with their LCAs.. the bushings are weak compared to Skunk2s LCAs. Plus the arm itself is thicker.

GA-Beast

Owner
an issue like this came up with obx, a guy installed the cams (which were rumored to destroy the rockers) and then documented the progress ...and turns out they did. OBX and BLOX let skunk 2 do the r&d then they copy it with cheaper materials in an attempt sell the same spec product minus the brand name(and quality). Some products are fool proof (valve covers, throttle bodies, throttle body spacers spark plug wires) and therefore cant be f^cked up even if they tried. These things are ok to buy. Others are pure garbage (Cams and about everything else they make IMO). I did hear however that obx LSDs are holding up. I personally will be researching BLOX products to see if which parts are affordable and safe alternatives.

Last edited: