OEM wheels, what's lighter?

mteg

Automatic Lover
I was jsut wondering, whats the lightest of the honda rims-Mesh, SI, Fat Fives, or Blades?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I believe it goes like this......(lightest-heaviest)

Mesh < 96 GSR Snowflakes < Fat fives < Blades < Si

mteg

Automatic Lover
Thats what I thought. My friend was going to buy an overpriced set of blades so he could put slicks on a drag with them. I told him to buy by meshies cause their lighter. I guess the only way to find out is to take on of the blades off and weigh it against the meshie.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
HX's are definitely the lightest but they are tiny. 14x5.5

Steelies are smaller and heavier than all of them so don't waste your time or money on those eyesores

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Fat Fives = 16
Snowflakes = 15.5
Mesh = 15
Blades = 16.3
USDM ITR = 15.6

They are all cast 15x6" rims

builtnagen 2teg

anyone think it would be better to but 12 pound 15 by 6.5 rims compared to just getting stock rims
wanting to buy 15s and putting drag radials on them. right now at the strip using 14s on stellys with all seasons that weigh about 35pnds a piece. found koning feathers for around 375 shipped 12 pounds 15 by 6.5

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
anyone think it would be better to but 12 pound 15 by 6.5 rims compared to just getting stock rims
wanting to buy 15s and putting drag radials on them. right now at the strip using 14s on stellys with all seasons that weigh about 35pnds a piece. found koning feathers for around 375 shipped 12 pounds 15 by 6.5
Get the Heliums. Lighter and they looks better too.

konerri

ls mesh are the lighter better looking rims.

after market and you ass is broke....Rota slipstreams 15 inch @ 11 pounds. correct if i am wrong.