LOL me vs GTO

CortezBanks

So me and a couple of my buddies were cruising around SD last night. 2 were in my buddies Impreza and i was driving my GSR with another friend. So i pull up to a red light, next to a new GTO, and was on the phone with the Impreza behind and they were egging me on to race the GTO. I knew i really had no chance so i told them no and to STFU. So i just casually drove to the next light which was red and was still next to the GTO. My friends behind were still egging me on so i was like WTF ill do it. We were in lanes to get onto the freeway, which merged to one lane further up. So the light turned green and i hit it. I didnt see this part but my buddies in the Impreza said that the GTO tried to launch too but just started to spin the tires and was pretty much sideways in the intersection. So i redlined through first, and second and he finally caught up when i was about 6k through 3rd gear. My buddies were laughing like crazy and said it was super funny. I wasnt really expecting to win, i mean GTO's have what, 6 liters and i have 1.8. But it was fun and we got a good laugh out of it.

I hit mad VTAK YO!

edit - i "won" hahaha. yes i hit the merge first

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
So you "won" because you got to the merge-to-1 first?

Great kill:thumbs up

I raced my friend's GTO once, too bad he knew how to launch. Light turned green and he was GONE!! No tire spin or nothing just shot away! Road was wet too!

blueDAteg

i raced this GTO once on a first date. Man, was she disappointed. But later, she was not! :thumbs up

NoodLeMan416

Sonic Fucking BOOM
:rolf:

Funny story man. Its all about having fun. I'm gonna race my friends dad in his charger whenever he gets it out for the summer :mrgreen:

69 charger vs 04 civic its gonna be rediculous lol.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
thats what this kinda stuff has to stay. its gets dangerous when you start doing this stuff for money...

yunwawa

I loved the date story too. But I saw GTO in the headline and had to read this post. my audi has a V6 3liter and it's just the nature of the beast to take a while to catch up and tires spinning. Sd is also a fun place to find pick-ups like those. I bet you started sweating when he was catching up, lol. I would be too

end005

how fast are gtos? some pricks in one were trying to mess with me this past friday as I was on my way to pick up the gf.

heykosal

Angkorian
how fast are gtos? some pricks in one were trying to mess with me this past friday as I was on my way to pick up the gf.
Faster than Tegs!!!

But slow considering theyre using 400hp LS2s

Slower than 300hp New Mustang GTs

Last edited: