Greddy Header install

Free Beef254

Hey, i wanna get the 1 piece greddy stainless steel 4-2-1 header but dont wanna pay for installation. Just wondering what everyone who's installed their own header would rate the difficulty level at. I've done a few small jobs on my integra and am decent with a wrench but im no mechanic.

EvoEnvy

well first off which header do you have exactly? a 1-piece header is a collecting 4-into-1 and a 4-2-1 is a 2-piece which you can unbolt and is same style as a stock header. If you have a 2 piece its a little bit easier to install and a 1 piece is a little harder to manuever when installing. Have some long socket tools handy because the stock bolts on the header will take some manpower to take off, hope this helps GL

Bizkit64

Yo?
I've heard crappy things about the GReddy header. But I mean a piece of metal is a piece of metal if you ask me... Since I wanted one to go with my GReddy Evo II... Yet I had 3+ people talk me out of it.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I've heard crappy things about the GReddy header. But I mean a piece of metal is a piece of metal if you ask me... Since I wanted one to go with my GReddy Evo II... Yet I had 3+ people talk me out of it.
Would you say that the DC Sports SS header is better than the GReddy?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I wanna swap out my DC Sports ceramic for a SS one, but I need it to pass emissions. C.A.R.B. FTL.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
DC Sport headers are CARB exempt. Excpet the race header obviously

Bizkit64

Yo?
Would you say that the DC Sports SS header is better than the GReddy?
I mean now a days all i hear is "that header sucks that header sucks blah blah blah..." personally I would take anything compared to my stock exhaust manifold... I mean I guess it depends on the material and how the welding turns out if you ask me...

heykosal

Angkorian
a 1-piece header is a collecting 4-into-1 and a 4-2-1 is a 2-piece which you can unbolt and is same style as a stock header.
Not all 4-2-1 are two pieces.

stainless steel cracks!
I think you mean ceramic.

But yeah, usually two piece is easier to install(two pieces) and one piece is a little more difficult. Just hope everything lines up, bolts dont give you shit and you should be okay doing it in your driveway. Of course id recommend jack stands.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I mean now a days all i hear is "that header sucks that header sucks blah blah blah..." personally I would take anything compared to my stock exhaust manifold... I mean I guess it depends on the material and how the welding turns out if you ask me...
I agree with you that some headers are better than stock. But a lot of people say that SS is better than ceramic and I agree.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
thats because Stainless > Ceramic.

Most of those bolts will be close to impossible to get to with a torque wrench.