Valve Adjustment & Low Idle Help

end005

Now, after the valve adjustment the sound of my motor is music to my ears. Here's the problem though:

After letting it sit over night, on the first crank, the car would start up but the idle would drop to about 500 rpms and then hesititates...then dies. I try starting it again but the car would just hesitate, hesitate then dies agian. I try it one more time, put my feet on the gas pedal and floor it and only if I keep my feet on the pedal will it stay on. I slowly take my foot off the gas pedal and the rpm will slowly drop to a point where the car would idle at 500-700 rpms and you would feel/hear the engine hesitate to stay on--with my feet completely off the pedal.

BUT, once the car gets going, rpm stays around 750 and sounds amazingly quiet. No hesitation whatsoever. This only happens when the car sits over night or if i let the car sit for a good 8 or so hours.

Weather here: MN/WI weather, -20s to about 30 degress here.
Car: 98 GSR

possible solutions: I was thinking just adjusting my idle would fix the problem, but i didn't try it. My take on it is that with the valves completely out of whack, the motor was running a certain way so I had to set my idle/throttle accordingly. Now with the new valve properly adjusted, the engine is running totally different so perhaps I need to set the throttle accordingly. yay or nay?

Please help. Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to be precise and provide as much info as possible. TIA.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Try disconnecting your battery for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it. Then start your car and let it idle to about 5-10 minutes. I had that problem too. It's only temporary, so don't trip.

end005

Try disconnecting your battery for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it. Then start your car and let it idle to about 5-10 minutes. I had that problem too. It's only temporary, so don't trip.
actually, I took off my main fuse for the battery cause its part of my security scheme for a good 5 hours cause I was at a gym. I came back, same thing occured though. Happend this morning as well. It started happening Saturday (when I completed the adjustment).

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
You should have a mechanic take a look at it. Maybe your timing's off?

end005

what if my idle all together is fairly low. would it still be my timing? I also retarded on my distributor as well...very very lightly but the symptoms stayed the same.

vaportrail

check out your cold start system. does the engine idle ok after it warms up a little?

end005

intke .006
Exhaust .007

vaportrail, what do you mean my cold start system? The only issue is when I go to start my car after its been sitting over night or when I start my car after work (8 hours later). After driving the car, no matter how many times I start it up, it starts fine, idles good (750-900).

Target

Acura Tech
make sure when you do valve adjusts that your engine is dead cold, piston is at TDC on the cylinder you are adjusting, follow your manual excatly, i think you did do it right though, i've heard that you should reset your computer after each mod and/or valve adjust etc. , this is not in the acura manuals so i wouldn't know, but i have heard this from various sources, which makes sense because your computer will "learn" driving behavoirs, and by adjusting your valves you've changed air and fuel intake, try that and we can go from there...

end005

engine sat over night. and dead cold? ha, dude, its like 20 degrees here during the day, about 10 at night. so it was dead cold. I"ll check out the idle valve but where is it at?

would adjusting that flathead screw on the tb help?