gsr or ls/vtec

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
its probably more cost effective, and a smarter buy to go ahead and get the gsr. arent those motors designed to take more stress than a standard ls motor??

tegbullet

my friend, friend has ls/vtec and said it runs my than a gsr.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It's really personal preference and how you built the motor. Some LS/VTEC motors run better than GSRs and some GSRs run better LS/VTECs. It all depends on how well maintained the motors is.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
makes sense to me...now where can i get a vtec for my car for free???? thats the big question. lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
makes sense to me...now where can i get a vtec for my car for free???? thats the big question. lol
Free? Now that gonna be a little difficult. I got my DB8 for free. It was a birthday present from my bomb-ass uncle.

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah a gsr is more reliable and less maintenance. LS vtecs are good if there built to handle the high rpm stress , but like anything, when ya start fiddlin with shit stuffs bound to break, and that's where the reliability issue comes into play. You really gotta consider on what you want outta your car in the end. If you wanna daily driver get the GSR, wanna weekend street terror build the bitch and go with the frankenstein build, ls\vtec.

Me personnally I rock a gsr, but I do got a buddy who's got, or should I sadly say had, a built Ls\Vtec runnin 15 lbs of boost in lil EG hatch. That little motherfucker pulled so hard. That bitch had forged internals , hondata S200 tune, the works, it was all good till he threw a rod. about a year after the build.
But at least I got my ol reliable still lol

Last edited:

Spody02

Name: Cody
i heard that the gsr have a bigger bore so they dont hold up as long as ls/vtec
so more people blow their gsr...:???:

dose anyone know if this is true?

end005

anything that comes off the floor of honda motor co. is good with me. so, gsr. although today many tuners have fine tuned ls/vtec frankenstiens, my theory is, if Honda didn't produce the motor that way, then there must be a reason why.

I'd stick with a GSR. reliability, money, and think of how many times you've heard someone with a GSR motor complain about their motor going bad as oppsed to the ls/vtec guys. but then i guess it depends on your crowd/friends too and whether or not they have them.
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Last edited: