distributor power?

end005

I think you're referring to advancing your timing. usually, when its done on the distributor, the power gains are minimal. when its actually on a dyno and you can adjust your timing, that's where you can make the most power.

to advance your timing, loosen the bolts holding the distributor and pull it foward. to retard the timing move it back towards the firewall.

personally, i'd just leave it the way it is.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited:

1995DC2

JDM
Ohk yea I was jus thinking about advancing my timing a lil but say im neck to neck with someone then I advance my timing will I when then

end005

like I said, the power gains are very small. somewill argue that it'll make no power, some will argue that it will.

give it a test and try. there's only one way to find out. but usually, when your car feels fast, its slower.
________
Toyota 4500gt

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
no... don't do it. when you start messing with ignition timing, things can go bad.
especially because it just sounds like you dont know what youre doing.

i want to advance timing slightly to win a street race.

i wanna kick you in the nuts. :lol: jk

Backwoodz Tuner

Wtf? Do you know what the distributor does for your motor? It controls your timing man, it tells the ecu when to send spark to your plugs, fuck with that and expect throw a check engine light, and expect your car to run like shit. You aint gonna gain nothin worth fuckin with. But there's always the exception if your runnin a nitrous kit or something, but that's not gonna give you power, retarding for that will jus help keep your motor from detonating. My advice don't fuck with it. Go buy yourself a shiny intake, it'll be a more better hp gain and it will make the sound that will make you think your goin faster. LOL