ITR Speedometer install Q's

ijust1agame

if i have an 94-01 integra, could i change the speedometer with an itr one? i heard its illegal from some people. installing it, what happens to the whole milage on the chasis? does it start over or what? thanks..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
An ITR cluster will drop right in to a non-ITR.
It's illegal if you go to sell your car and you don't let the buyer know the mileage isn't accurate.

ijust1agame

so if the old meter reads 200,000 miles on it and the ITR one reads 50,000 and i install it -- it would just read 50,000 but its really goin be 200,000 on the chasis?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
jus so you know the 94-97 and the 98-01 is different. i think the fuel or the temp wires is different. i know cause i had a 97 itr cluster and i tired it on both G3 models.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
so if the old meter reads 200,000 miles on it and the ITR one reads 50,000 and i install it -- it would just read 50,000 but its really goin be 200,000 on the chassis?
Uuuhhh.....yeah. If you put a cluster that says 50K on it into a car that has 200K on it, 150K worth of wear and tear isn't going to magically disappear.

ijust1agame

another question how come these 2 are different in KM's? i seen some less and some more. people school me.

ijust1agame

and can you install one even if you dont have a b18c engine?