Exhaust Hangers

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I just installed my A'PEXi WS2 and am getting a rattling noise. The piping is touching the heat shield, which is causing all the rattling noises. Does anyone know where I can get longer exhaust hangers?

heykosal

Angkorian
My N1 did that before someone stole the axle-back.....i just took the damn thing off.

A Honda tech. said itd be okay...then again heat shields arent there for no reason.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
Yes I did try that. Twice. I think I'm just gonna use a dremel to trim the part that's touching the piping. It's better than removing the shield.
yea trim DAT BITCH!!! :)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I'd cut out the areas that are touching the exhaust before removing it entirley too. It's there for a reason, right?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'd cut out the areas that are touching the exhaust before removing it entirley too. It's there for a reason, right?
I was thinking the same thing. Plus the part where it's happening is close to the gas tank. I assume that's why the heat shield is there. Heat + plus gas tank = not good. Lol!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Ok guys. I fixed the problem. No more rattling. There was a missing bolt on the heat shield, so I put one on. By doing this, the shield lifted up a little higher and isn't touching the piping anymore. Didn't have to trim or take it off. Thanks for all the help!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I got tired of hearing that stupid heatshield rattle that every Integra has so I just took them all out even though my RS*R exhaust never touched it. It won't hurt anything. And it makes slot for your e-brake like your own personal hand warmer in the winter lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I thought I fixed the problem, but it still rattle a little on the freeway. Especially when I downshift. I'm gonna take that shit out. Pissing me off.

Last edited: