why does my car do this.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i had the same problem with my gf's dad's car. it was clicking all day and finally died out. the car never turned back on either. smoke everywhere.

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
that is one funny ass sig.

steelies_ftw

so is the car off or on when u took the vid? cuz man if its off it sounds like something somewhere is dripping and hitting the exhaust and poppin ionno but that beat sounds like a steady drip of somthin, but that loud i dont kno, if the car is on you might want to try adjusting your valves, ionno everytime ive heard some random clickin noise out of the car its like its asking for you to tighten somethin i always start with that

Surferman

Link didnt work for me but it could be the cat, i hear they tend to go after a while i would check that.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
wtf, is this a joke. Your car isn't running but it's making that clanging noise, are you hittiing it with a hammer lol

Almost sounds like some cars sound when they are cooling down after being ran for a while. I have never heard it that loud before though. Usually its a slight clicking noise, not a banging noise. Ever think about jacking it up while its doing that? Maybe you could pinpoint the location and take it from there.

3vi1p3nguin

Enemy of Tires
my teg does that also. so does my 85 camaro, and that has a new cat. you tend to hear that pinging noise a lot with small block chevys, at least in my experience. i've never been able to find out what it was though.