The more I think about, the more...

Integra Mom

While doing the maintance and rectifying all the neglect our gal has suffered, my son was astute enough to notice a crack in the crank shaft pulley (something, I myself failed to notice). Not major but have ordered to be replaced anyway, well, who wants the headache right?

As you may all recall, I'm addressing the suspension next. However, he is really catching the bug and getting excited while I'm trying to balance form and function with wish to make this gal awesome.

Given that a crank shaft pulley would not crack other than the previous owner dropping the engine incorrectly (only reason I can think of), I'm actually thinking at this point he might get a real kick out of pulling the engine for closer inspection and maybe a clean up or overhaul if warranted. (Visual inspection in place looks good however). I would like to go ahead and replace motor mounts anyway just for peace of mind. Are there any hidden obstacles you guys can think of?

Thanks for your thoughts!

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
checking for exhaust leaks or stripped bolts/studs is a main problem. possibly check for any cracks on the tranny housing... oil leaks... might as well do a slight rebuild and replace some gaskets. how many miles are on the motor and what year?

hasport makes some good quality motor mounts.

db in md

checking for exhaust leaks or stripped bolts/studs is a main problem. possibly check for any cracks on the tranny housing... oil leaks... might as well do a slight rebuild and replace some gaskets. how many miles are on the motor and what year?

hasport makes some good quality motor mounts.
I was gonna ask the same thing..how many miles on the drivetrain?

Integra Mom

I was gonna ask the same thing..how many miles on the drivetrain?
76k.

I was thinking about the gaskets myself...just not to sure of the history and how long it sat.
Thanks for the suggestions, for my check list...definately helps with the planning. Keep it coming.

And to the others, nope not a mechanic, just had a grandpa who appreciated my wanting to take everything apart and figure out how it works...while I have ran across a few things I have designated as "IFM," it is not my nature to let it stay that way.

Mom used to go fast but now wondering how to sneak that motor out and install hamster wheel :). How much does a govenor run anyway??/

Surferman

Mom used to go fast but now wondering how to sneak that motor out and install hamster wheel :). How much does a govenor run anyway??/
I believe Teggys don't have governers:D:twisted:woot woot
gl on the ride though, kids must be so happy to have a cool mom:p