New exhaust on a 3g..?

efhatch1

The One and Only.
Well I have to say, I am quite the exhaust whore.

I've been through an ITR muffler, stock LS muffler, no-name twin loop (current), HKS Hi-Power and an APEXi. Now I'm getting that feeling again, and I want to get another exhaust.

Something about a nice-sounding car just makes me love them, forgive me.

Now that it's time for a new one I have a couple of choices in mind and I would like an outside opinion.

-Type S stock muffler. IMO it looks great and the tip reminds me of RS*R. Besides, nothing beats OEM goodness right? lol

-Magnaflow street/strip muffler. A friend of mine has it on his car, sounds really deep at idle and even at peak RPM it sounds great. Not raspy or any of that bullshit, I like it.

-Spoon knock-off. I hear it's hella loud, something I wouldn't really be too happy about. However, it looks like the real Spoon version and it'd be pretty badass imo.

My exhaust setup is 2.25" piping from the cat-back with 1 resonator I believe. Any and all opinions are welcome, but please keep negativity out of my thread. Thanks!

Surferman

You put them in order, the first being the best, 2nd for second, etc. lol
I say type S or magnaflow, i like the not to loud, not to ricey, and sleeper statest exhuasts.

efhatch1

The One and Only.
hah I noticed that, too.

I'm really leaning towards the Type S also.

Backwoodz Tuner

I rock a greddy evo2 and I love it no matter what anyone says. Its got a deep rumble but screams once you hit vtec. But you probly wouldn't be to interseted since it don't reallly got that oem look

end005

so, what do you plan on doing with your current exhaust then? i'm interested. :) sorry, i don't have 50 posts..but i'm pretty active on here.

but, question, type s? prelude? rsx?
________
Amc Computerized Engine Control

Last edited:

efhatch1

The One and Only.
I won't spend a lot on an exhaust. I love them, but not that much.

so, what do you plan on doing with your current exhaust then? i'm interested. :) sorry, i don't have 50 posts..but i'm pretty active on here.

but, question, type s? prelude? rsx?
RSX-S.

PM sent

molezy7

i have the tanabe concept g it doesnt have that stock look that your looking for but wow it sounds absolutly amazing

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
x3 BUT sense its going to be a pain in the ass to find one I say go w/ greddy evo2.. closest thing you can buy to the RS*R.. :lol:
I tihnk you're wrong. The closest thing to an RS*R ExMag is an A'PEXi WS2. The ExMag and WS2 are chambered. The EVO2 is straight-through.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
x3 BUT sense its going to be a pain in the ass to find one I say go w/ greddy evo2.. closest thing you can buy to the RS*R.. :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the Greddy EVO and EVO2. That is a great exhaust. Makes good power while still maintaining a good level of sound..............but it does not look good at all on G3 tegs at IMO.

For a nice street exhaust...........RS*R > all

And I agree with Matt (JDMxDB8 ), the closest thing to an Ex-Mag is the WS2

Last edited: