0-60

katchme

hey guys im new to Club Integra and had a few questions based on 0-60mph times....i currently run a b20z engine with short-ram intake, full magnaflow catback exhaust and i still have to install a xtr stage 3 clutch and my performance tires...what do you guys think my time might become or increase with the clutch?..goal is to come close to a Stock rsx type-s which is 6.5 seconds..thanks

heykosal

Angkorian
the tires will make a huge difference. if youre only concerned with 0-60mph times, buy sticky tires and work on your launch.

katchme

well im storing it for the winter since i have a beater so i cant time it juss yet but my car was okay fast to me without the tires/clutch..im wonderin how much performance those two mods will actually give me

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Tires will make a big difference when you launch, like Kosal said. The clutch will somewhat make you get your shifts in faster than stock. Atleast for me in my friends car.

Shift points can be critical too. Shift at the highest point of your powerband. 6500 on an LS and 7800 on a GS-R I think it is. Please correct if wrong.

mteg

Automatic Lover
You could cheat and let a little air out of your front tires for better grip (if your at the track).

heykosal

Angkorian
Shift points can be critical too. Shift at the highest point of your powerband. 6500 on an LS and 7800 on a GS-R I think it is. Please correct if wrong.
that makes a lot of sense. so what if the engine revs to 8100rpm, if you arent making power past 7800rpm its a waste of time to keep revving. UNLESS, that is, shifting at 7800rpm will drop you below the powerband. someone else should be able to explain better.

if your question is as straightfoward as "how much time will i cut off the 0-60mph?" then id say tires would cut a few 10ths off MAYBE a half second, maybe. im not sure about the clutch though.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
When thinking about shift points you have to remember that the gear and final drive multiply the torque to the ground. A GSR will make be putting more power to the ground at 8k in 2nd gear then it will be at 4500 in 3rd. Any VTEC car will be fastest shifting at redline. It requires a really weak top end or really strong mid range (or a combo of the 2) to necessitate short shifting. And Honda's never really fit the bill of a weak top end or strong low range

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
When thinking about shift points you have to remember that the gear and final drive multiply the torque to the ground. A GSR will make be putting more power to the ground at 8k in 2nd gear then it will be at 4500 in 3rd. Any VTEC car will be fastest shifting at redline. It requires a really weak top end or really strong mid range (or a combo of the 2) to necessitate short shifting. And Honda's never really fit the bill of a weak top end or strong low range
Thanks for the better explanation.