im shootin for 200 to 300 whp, i need sum help

okay the way i see it, u go with simple tasteful mods.

-CAI
-Header
-Testpipe
-exhaust

then go down and do some simple valvetrain work and cams
id personally go with skunk2 simple and not too crazy over-priced.
so Skunk2 stage 2 cams, valve springs, and retainers.

and then choose which way ud wanna go about getting it tuned. hondata would be the best idea. but u can always chip it and use crome and whatnot.

thatd be the way id go honestly. itd be reliable, quick, and not TOO much work.
Sounds like a plan. :p

nautica_t

don't forget a fuel pump as well, a nice walboro 255lph would be nice

and tune the beast, but honestly with the amount of money, i'd go turbo lol. 300whp no problem, with that setup above, you'll squeeze maybe 220whp.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
um there no way the enough to make 200whp or else id be making 300whp here a list of a guy going 220whp it not easy or cheap i know.
Block:
-B18C1 block 81.5mm (i have. machining soon)
-B18C1 crank micropolished and balanced (i have, machining soon)
-Wiseco 11.8-12.25:1 pistons
-Eagle rods
-ARP headstuds and rodbolts
-OEM oil pump, water pump + timing belt/tensioner/spring/bolt
-OEM bearings, all new seals and gaskets.
-OEM 3 layer headgasket

Head: (going to be ported/polished/valve job)
-B18C1 head (i have it)
-Skunk2 Pro 1 cams
-Skunk2 Pro valvesprings
-Skunk2 flatface valves
-Skunk2 Ti retainers
-Skunk2 adjustable cam gears
-Skunk2 intake mani
-hondata intake gasket
-all new OEM seals, gaskets.

Other Parts i will need for the swap.
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-RC 440 injectors
-OBD I P72 + Hondata S300
-Wideband O2 (PLX seems good)
-2.5" exhaust
-header...i mightl run my JG edelbrock temporairly but get a SMSP or equivelent.
-ABS removal parts
-oil pressure/oil temp/water temp/AFR gauges
-catch can
-some aftermarket motor mounts.

This will be my daily driver, occasional 1/4 mile run along with occasion AutoX and lapping days.

konerri

well if you have money....

jdm k20a, header, rbc, k-pro(street-tuned), complete racing header back exhaust system, better fuel pump = 220ish whp.

jdm k20a, header, rbc, k-pro(track-tuned), complete racing header back exhaust system, better fuel pump = 240ish whp.

NA builds rock.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Check out my all motor build in my sig, that would net you around 230 with the right I/H/E combo. Change the cams and add some ITBs and you'll look at real close to 250 that's with a b17 block running 1.87l so with the b18c block you'll be able to make more displacement and more power. Plan on spending around 10k to get to the 250whp range. By the way 300hp is possible, endyn just did it on a b18c. 307 crank horsepower, they came in at 270 something whp while running a full exhaust, air conditioning, and power steering, all on 91 octane, so if you wanted to you could get really close to 300 minus some creature comforts. Alot of money and there's easier ways but it was done and all with parts you can get from them and other companys.

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
215whp/142tq
Car: ITR
Engine: 81.25mm CTR pistons, stock rods, bearings, etc. Toda spec C cams, Toda valvetrain, Toda cam gears, Toda timing belt
Mods: SMSP header, SMSP 2.5" exhaust, Jenvey 48mm itbs, RC 440cc injectors, Neptune
Tuning on 93 octane:

225whp/141tq
Car: H1 Challenge EK civic
Engine: Brand new ITR block, CTR pistons, Ed's racing/Headgames b16a head, Rocket motorsports springs/retainers, BC 4 cams, BC cam gears, stock ITR intake manifold and tb
Mods: Velocity stack intake, toda header, 60mm exhaust, RC 370cc injectors, Neptune
Tuning on ~100 octane unleaded gas:

242whp/165tq
Car: Integra ITR
Engine: Stock PR3 (b16a) head, supertech stock sized valves, crower springs/retainers, skunk2 stage3 cams, skunk2 cam gears, DPR ported skunk2 intake manifold, 70mm tb, portmatched tb to intake and intake to cylinder head, hondata IM gasket, 85mmx87mm engine, 12.5:1 compression, Hytech 2.0 liter header, hytech 2.5" twinloop exhaust, custom length velocity stack intake, Evo 8 injectors, neptune
Tuning on 94 octane:

229whp/152tq
Car: Integra
Engine: 85mm bore x 87mm stroke, 12.5:1 compression, eagle rods, ported head, skunk2 stage 3 cams, manley valvetrain, edelbrock IM, skunk2 68mm tb
Mods: RMF header, 2.5" straight through exhaust, short ram velocity stack intake, RC 370cc's, walboro 255lph pump, neptune
Tuning on 93 octane:

211whp/137tq
Car: 99-00 Civic Si
Engine: GSR block, CTR pistons, gsr rods, oem bearings, water pump, oil pump, timing belt, stock b16a head, stock headgasket, BC valvesprings/retainers, BC4 camshafts, skunk2 cam gears, blox IM, edelbrock 65mm tb
Mods: Toda header, 2.25" exhaust, velocity stack intake, RC 440cc, stock fuel pump, neptune
Tuning on 93 octane:

b18_sol

okay the way i see it, u go with simple tasteful mods.

-CAI
-Header
-Testpipe
-exhaust

then go down and do some simple valvetrain work and cams
id personally go with skunk2 simple and not too crazy over-priced.
so Skunk2 stage 2 cams, valve springs, and retainers.

and then choose which way ud wanna go about getting it tuned. hondata would be the best idea. but u can always chip it and use crome and whatnot.

thatd be the way id go honestly. itd be reliable, quick, and not TOO much work.
this would be a very nice set up.

if your going to try and go n/a spend the money and just do it right the first time

high lift valve
skunk2 cam, cam gears, retainers, and dual valve springs, intake mani, throttle body 68mm 70 will lose power
arp head bolts
cosmetic head gasket
hondata intake mani gasket
high comp. pistions
h-beams rods
a nice set of race bearing
light weight flywheel
about a stage 2 or 3 clutch
higher rated hp axels
and of course h/i/e

and a good tune....i like hondata my self

after that throw you on a nice pair of shoes like the Nitto NT 01's

Gotta love n/a. There's nothing like hearing 10k from n/a music to my ear's.

i/h/e, cams, cam gears, headwork, udps, 6 punk cluch,8 pound flywheel, suspension work, and so sticky icky tires. Get it dyno tuned. That should be good.

Don't forget the brakes! Upgraded brake lines, sloted rotors, drilled likes to crack when hot. Better brake pads. That a good start.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Gotta love n/a. There's nothing like hearing 10k from n/a music to my ear's.

i/h/e, cams, cam gears, headwork, udps, 6 punk cluch,8 pound flywheel, suspension work, and so sticky icky tires. Get it dyno tuned. That should be good.
My next G3 will be an NA monster.