SRS Cable Reel / Clock Spring

Integra Mom

Howdy Folks,

I just purchased a '95 GSR that is going to be a project. It was stolen and VTech stolen w/ tranny. The engine was replaced with 96 LS B18C w/ tranny. With the history of the car you can imagine: horn, cruise & SRS aren't active. I have determined that the Cable Reel is bad (no continuity between T2 & grnd). Believe it or not, it is a great driver...some other mechanicals I need to address but pretty much clean.

Of course Acura OEM on this wire harness is $260, OUCH!. I found a couple on ebay but find their specs of what they fit are wanting. Also, the pics have ribbon cable not the coiled spring I am seeing here. At this point, I know it is importatnt that the Clock Spring have Cruise but are there any other specs that are critical??? Any other place you can recommend I look for this part?

Other advice I am looking for: what should I start with first to make this project fun??? I'm hoping son will eventually take it over as his own and I want to get him excited. Who knows, maybe when he gets his license he can have something kinda nice?

Thanks!

Integra Mom

I should also mention, I am concerned about the horn. Cruise would be nice but Horn is necessary for State safety inspection.

Integra Mom

Yes you are right. Looking at wrong list of specs.

Ive called a few local salvage yards with no luck.

MrGurley

************5-0
Other advice I am looking for: what should I start with first to make this project fun??? I'm hoping son will eventually take it over as his own and I want to get him excited. Who knows, maybe when he gets his license he can have something kinda nice?

Thanks!
i wish i could help you out but i really cant. but id like to say you are the coolest freakin mom in the world!!!!! :D and i think you should make it look nice and then make him decide if he wants to up the performance and work on it himself so he can learn some new stuff

Integra Mom

Thanks Mr. G., I'm not really a gear head...just had a grandpa that wanted me to be self reliant so took the time to show me the essentials. Then I bought a Harley and my experience level has multiplied at least by 100.

I've actually never done body work except to adjust a door on a uni-body when friend rear ended someone and couldn't open passanger side door anymore. With that in mind:

The car is in very good shape actually. Alas, it is all stock other than hood and front bumper that were stolen with the engine & tranny. Other than that there is what looks like a key line in the clear coat. My guess is that the previous owner had the new hood and bumper painted at body shop using Honda color and then mounted because it is a perfect match and I am not seeing any tell-tale signs this car has been repainted (overspray on rubber, etc...) . With this in mind (lack of body work experience but able to turn a wrench), do you have some pics of what you like and maybe within my capabilities?

The more I am diving into this car's mechanics, I am getting really excited. This car definately has the potential to be more than I could envision when I decided I wanted to buy an Integra for a project car in the first place.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i wish i could help you out but i really cant. but id like to say you are the coolest freakin mom in the world!!!!! :D and i think you should make it look nice and then make him decide if he wants to up the performance and work on it himself so he can learn some new stuff
x2!

Integra Mom

I wanted to add, I would like anyone suggestions.

I am a mom of a teen who is learning to drive so performance would be really low on my list of priorites (its the mom thing). Not to mention, I am not the sayor of "Cool" in this house but I do need a starting point to get moving forward, that is why your input would be most appreciated.

Thanx!

PogKai

B20VTEC
look for it in craiglist.. also in honda-tech.. sometimes I see integra parting out as parts, more possibilities than eBay.