Lost my ac

mteg

Automatic Lover
So last night I was heading out for a night of cruising and I scrapped my driveway getting out. I was heading to my friends house where a group was working on a header install on an Eclipse. All of a sudden I heard a bad scrapping sound -though I lost part of my lip. As I slowed down the sound didn't stop. I wasn't throwing a cel, and the car was running normal so I figured I'd drive the last 2 blocks where I could properly diagnose the problem. When I pulled in, a couple people thought I had thrown a rod-it was makeing a banging noise-no cel. When I popped the hood and shined the flashlight in, I discovered the problem. My ac pully had come off and was tangled up in the power steering. Miraculously, the pully was just bousing around. Long story short, we cut the the ac belt, removed it and the pully with bracket, and checked over everything else to make sure everything else was copecetic. It's damn near winter hear in WI so ac can wait. Long story short-does anyone have the bolt for that pully-mines long gone.

mohawkdc2

So last night I was heading out for a night of cruising and I scrapped my driveway getting out. I was heading to my friends house where a group was working on a header install on an Eclipse. All of a sudden I heard a bad scrapping sound -though I lost part of my lip. As I slowed down the sound didn't stop. I wasn't throwing a cel, and the car was running normal so I figured I'd drive the last 2 blocks where I could properly diagnose the problem. When I pulled in, a couple people thought I had thrown a rod-it was makeing a banging noise-no cel. When I popped the hood and shined the flashlight in, I discovered the problem. My ac pully had come off and was tangled up in the power steering. Miraculously, the pully was just bousing around. Long story short, we cut the the ac belt, removed it and the pully with bracket, and checked over everything else to make sure everything else was copecetic. It's damn near winter hear in WI so ac can wait. Long story short-does anyone have the bolt for that pully-mines long gone.

the same thing happend to me like 2 months ago.. but on my case both my ac and ps pulleys got stuck.. so i cut both of them... i drove with out ps or ac until i got it fixed a week later..

mteg

Automatic Lover
So your saying your pulley came off your compressor?
Not the one on the compressor, I think one off the block. It's just a pulley connected to a bracket. I'm not too sure where it hooks up cuase I havent driven the car that much since (been driving my winter car)

Sammich

the dealership should have that bolt...i was fortunate when mine came out...i was in the driveway

TypeR?

the exact same thing happend to me. its the idler pulley and its bolted to the a/c bracket. i just went to my local honda/acura shop and bought the whole bracket with the pulley used. i think i gave them ten bucks for it. replace the mount while your at it. :thumbup: