Paint Jobs.

ijust1agame

im bout to buy a slvr 95 ls. i was wondering if i paint it all black -- how long would the paint last until it starts fading or anything?? depends on what store or what? how long would it take? thanks..

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It really depends on the quality of the shop and how much you put into the paint job.

I'm saving up to get my DB8 painted Nighthawk Black Pearl. But I need to get my JDM Type R front end first.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
There's no telling exactly how long before new paint gets crappy.

There are a lot of different factors you have to think about. How well the car was prepped before paint, painted, quality of paint, where you live, weather...shit like that.

You get what you pay for, though. I've been told that by a guy who does automotive restoration for a living. Unless you have a hookup.

ijust1agame

It really depends on the quality of the shop and how much you put into the paint job.

I'm saving up to get my DB8 painted Nighthawk Black Pearl. But I need to get my JDM Type R front end first.
is it better to get all the JDM exterior you want first then paint your car, or just the car first. because the paint is badd IMO from the car im about to get..

ijust1agame

**MAACO.
-- i kinda wanna paint mine there because there well known, but wanna see is any of my H-Tech people has gone there to paint. feedback. thanks!

ltrain

**MAACO.
-- i kinda wanna paint mine there because there well known, but wanna see is any of my H-Tech people has gone there to paint. feedback. thanks!
maaco is HORRIBLE THEY DO HORRIBLE WORK my girl got her teg painted black over teal and she paid for a good prep job and it was peeling in 4 months, looks like they just coated black right over, everybody i know that had a maaco job says the same

ijust1agame

maaco is HORRIBLE THEY DO HORRIBLE WORK my girl got her teg painted black over teal and she paid for a good prep job and it was peeling in 4 months, looks like they just coated black right over, everybody i know that had a maaco job says the same

what other WELL KNOWN companys are there besides maaco/

ijust1agame

Nighthawk Black Pearl. -- thats the color i want. :)

Backwoodz Tuner

Good choice on color, that's the color I rock. As 4 paint you get what you pay for. I mean macco is like where people go to get a painter degree lol. Hit the local car shows, like classic car shows, find people with beautiful paint jobs. And jus bull shit them cause they know and probably point you in the right direction. But. Be cautioned, it aint gonna be cheap . I mean nice paint jobs only come from amateur prep jobs, sema car show quality spray jobs come from hours and hours of prep work prior to paint. The amount of clear coat sparys can make a world of a difference. But wet sanding in between coats is what makes the difference.

Also if you were wonderin about the paint jobs life expectancy you gotta throw in a lot of factors. Such as is it garaged or parked off the side of a busy road or under a pine tree it all matters. And what part of this small world you reside in. Socal folks know what the. Cali sun does to your hood and roof. But us pacific nw er's know how the graveled winter roads can eat up the front bumper in one season. But if its a garaged weekend summer dry road car it'll last you 5 10 years . I guess it jus all depends on you, your budget, and where you car

ijust1agame

im located in nor cal, stockton to be exact so the weather is very hot in the summer. i aint really worried about budget. i just want to last a long time, and a good job on it you know?

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
im located in nor cal, stockton to be exact so the weather is very hot in the summer. i aint really worried about budget. i just want to last a long time, and a good job on it you know?
If you aren't worried about staying in a budget, then I suggest looking into other paint shops besides Maaco. Just because you hear the name a lot, it doesn't always make it good place. The only things I've heard about Maaco paint jobs are that they're: 1)inexpensive; and 2)crappy. Ask around for recommendations. Like Itrain said, you gotta research a bit.