Where to go

bobbyteenager

alright fools. i drive a 93 GS

i have had my DA for about 2 months now, and i am brainstorming where to take the car in the furture. (motor/ power wise)

at first i was thinking about doing building my motor, forged pistions, connecting rods ect. and then boosting it.

but the past few weeks i have been looking in to ITR motor swaps. most of them are pretty expensive i.e $4500 but i think it would be worth it.

it will take me a while to save up the money, during that time i will work on the suspension and interior. ( which is in pretty shitty condition)

so any imput in which way i should go would be helpful even if it is telling me i am a fucking idiot.

thanks

-matt

:shock:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Those motors are great with boost, I would build and boost that. I am a little biased because thats what I am doing.

bobbyteenager

hmm, see the only problem is the kid i bought the car from said he got the motor replaced and it had 30.000 miles on it. unfortantly he did have any pics of the replacement. and i am seriously doubting he replaced it.

so i am leaning towards starting fresh with the ITR motor.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you want to boost the ITR why not just get a GSR??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Don't buy and boost a B18C5! If you have the money to spend on a B18C5 and you really want to go with boosted setup, then you could do a complete bottom end build that is ready to handle some serious boost and abuse for way less than a B18C and it will be better...

Consider how much an ITR swap and bolt-on turbokit for that engine costs. Then consider just building your engine a little more stout and putting a turbokit together on it.

For $4500 you could build the engine AND piece together your own turbokit. It's all just a matter of......do you want N/A or boost?

Last edited:

mattrt09

jus save some money and get a gsr motor and then build from there

youll notice that your car will be very wuick with that gsr motor in it...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You can sleeve your B18B to 84mm (2 liter) and have forged pistons and a serious bottom that can handle a lot more boost then a B18C.Thats what I am doing, will be pushing 15 pounds when done. With room to grow.