3rd gear problem

YounG_DB8

i'm having a problem with my 3rd gear. when its on high load it grinds but when i redline it, it goes in perfectly. i have a 1998 acura integra gsr. people say my synchros might be bad. do you guys know? i need some feedbacks.

thanks

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
Could be, Id say get some synchromesh with friction modifer usually solves most if not all my tranny problems.

Sammich

change ur transmission 'oil'/fluid. i havent had any issues since i did all of my stuff (clutch kit/flywheel/tranny oil)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Make sure your clutch engagement is adjusted properly as well. The clutch release should not be near the floor. But if it is only 3rd gear then it is probably your synchro

YounG_DB8

Make sure your clutch engagement is adjusted properly as well. The clutch release should not be near the floor. But if it is only 3rd gear then it is probably your synchro
this is out of topic but, i'm getting so annoyed of my db8 that i wanna sell it. this morning driving to school, i was still in 3rd gear or any other gear i push the clutch down and brake a little at a stop sign while it is still in gear, then all of a sudden my car starts jerking like its going to stall. idk why? but if any one kno i'll appreciate it.

Sammich

this is out of topic but, i'm getting so annoyed of my db8 that i wanna sell it. this morning driving to school, i was still in 3rd gear or any other gear i push the clutch down and brake a little at a stop sign while it is still in gear, then all of a sudden my car starts jerking like its going to stall. idk why? but if any one kno i'll appreciate it.
if your clutch pedal was engaged(pushed in) while the car was in gear...and it was trying to stall...your clutch is shot. replace your clutch.

YounG_DB8

if your clutch pedal was engaged(pushed in) while the car was in gear...and it was trying to stall...your clutch is shot. replace your clutch.
yea my clutch was the problem so this week i bought a new clutch that will be installed this weekend also. thanks for your suggestions and help buddy

heykosal

Angkorian
lemme know how that clutch is im planning on getting one soon. id buy a skunk2 or b&m short shifter

Sammich

exedy just a stage 1. also i replace my master cylinder so yeh i hope that will fix my problem. but yeh whats a good short shifter for a integra?
sounds like you went w/ a good setup..when i replaced my clutch i also installed a 7.5 fidanza flywheel..:D as far as short shifter..im not personally sure ive seen a few people go w/ a skunk 2 SS.

ntensedc4

yea i have the same problem with mine..it will grind in 3rd when im shifting fast but when im shifting slow it wont and sometimes second gear too..but for me i need to change the transmisson fluid.and for the short shifter i go with b&m i just orderd one today my buddy had on his integra and felt real nice