Need a CARB legal header

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
Ok Names Emilio Vasquez
Just picked up a 2001 Acura Gsr, trying to get it ready for inspection. I purchased a stock exsaust now I need a stock manifold because it has Megan headers I quess from ebay:???:. I cant find anybody selling a stock Ex manifold, so I was wondering are there carb exempt headers aout there for these cars.

I been out the game for a while but know my way around these cars. Iived in Japan for 4 years and have had nunerous JDM hondas.

I will post pics later on, HELP! I need to get ready for inspection (in DC)

VTECVAZ

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
No problem man. If you have the extra dough, I suggest getting stainless-steel instead of ceramic.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
if you decide to go with an aftermarket header most likely it'll create back pressure due to the stock cat. converter and stock exhaust. it will raise minimal torque since air will be able to flow out better from the engine but decrease hp at higher rpms. so first i suggest going with a high flow cat and an exhaust with the same piping diameter.

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
he meant to say "first" at the end of the paragraph.

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
well ordered the DC stainless steel polished. The car has an Apexi cat back full exsaust. way to loud for DC inspection, so I picked up a stock unit till I pass and have my plates.

Next will be suspension and clutch, this car was not put together right. The cluth is tired and it has Ebay $20 coil overs on stock suspension:roll:. Not a nice ride at all.

Anybody have experience with the Skunk coil overs, and there shocks?

Seems also that OBX makes similar parts to skunk but cheaper, whats there deal? Are the for real or cheap competition? Man I step out the game for 4 years and its totally changed up:shock::D

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
i got the same setup DC stainless header with Apexi N1. as far as skunk2 suspension goes im all about it i got skunk2 colis with skunk2 front camber kit and i have no complains.

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
Somebody point me to a store that has The 4 to1 polished stainless steel DC headers. Do they make these?
I tried several sites and none seem to have them, all they have is ceramic.
I want a stainless stell polished header 4 to 1 preffered.