Confused????

biggame

I'm probably the most confused idiot on here... I was going to do suspension first then brakes then engine that way everything was done by the time i got the engine in the car, but my dad who has a 68 camaro prostreet car said im doing it all backwards that i should build the engine and trans first the way i want it then build the suspension to fit the engine and everything...??? so wats ur guys opinions???

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
does your car not have an engine in it at the moment? Upgrading suspension first is not a foreign concept

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Either way is not wrong, I think what your Dad means is that you should see how much power your going to be working with so you know how far to go with your suspension and brakes.

biggame

yea thats wat i think too but what id i jus did a true coilover suspension or a strut and couilover suspension and then upgrade suspension as need be...?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i can see both sides. your pops is probably thinking about building the motor to its potential and with that, finding a good setup handle it and stop it.

but imo, the handling in a civic and a integra is shit and needs an upgrade. thats why a full coilover setup that has damper + height adjustment would be great to tune to your needed specs. i think braking should be last.

how long have you had and drove your teg?

biggame

ive had it for 3 weeks... prob getting a "true" coilover suspension sat... and then prob installing it next sat, cuz i do all the work myself...

biggame

uh, i think tokico? whites the 5 way adjustables right... i think thats wat im leaning towards but im gonna make my final decision sat...

konerri

PIC Selects my man. they have most of the popular rates out there from 6K to 14k spring rates.

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
You can build either way. But the smart way to build a drag car is the way your dad sugested. But you have an Import which is not ment for quarter mile. So build your suspention brakes first before you move onto the motor. Their is no point in have a crazzy motor that your car cant keep up with.