Brakes Need Opinions And Helppp

biggame

Hey guys, i jus wanna say thanks for all the help with the suspension question i had in my just getting started post. I have decided to go with tokico white struts and springs to b lowered 1 and a half inches basically, im getting the strut bar for under the hood and trunk also, but the other stuff will come latr, but this post is now for i wanna do my brake upgrade now too, so basically im completely lost when it comes to aftermarket brakes? any help or opinions would b greatly appriciated i dont kno any good brands or whats good and whats not... thanks guys!!!

speedin

The Transporter
Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads. Much more DD friendly than the Hawks. They take a BRUTAL pounding. Used them on my LS and UMMM. They were sweet! Very little fade, great initial bite.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I wanna get Project Mu B-Force pads when it's time to swap out the Hawk HPS.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Hawks do wear the rotors more than the Axxis but they also stop better. Porterfield R4-E owns all, I could only imagine their street pads are just as impressive

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
why get Mu. They are noisy as hell. I wouldnt sugest them for a DD car. You could always get the ITR Calipers and Hawk Pads. the ITR Calipers are all you need. If you look around at alot of Auto X cars and some major cars in Japan all they run is the ITR Calipers.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Hawks do wear the rotors more than the Axxis but they also stop better. Porterfield R4-E owns all, I could only imagine their street pads are just as impressive
Now you got me thinking about getting Axxis. Lol!

why get Mu. They are noisy as hell. I wouldnt sugest them for a DD car. You could always get the ITR Calipers and Hawk Pads. the ITR Calipers are all you need. If you look around at alot of Auto X cars and some major cars in Japan all they run is the ITR Calipers.
I'm still debating on which ones to get. Or I might just get another set of the HPS.

biggame

Like I wasnt sure if drilled and slotted would do anything more or if i should jus go with just drilled or just slotted... are certain rotors better then others same w calipers and pads...??? i herd bremb was good but i dk wat they make or wat of theirs is good.. thanks for ur time guys!!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The idea behind slotted rotors lies in the cera-metallic brake compound that some high performance brake pads are made of. The slots prevent the rotors from getting glazed over and slippery by giving tan escape to the brake compound while also helping slightly to reduce heat. Cross drilled is strictly heat related mod. If you don't work your brakes that hard, then there is really no point. Plus they have a tendency to crack between the holes if they get real hot then hit water......like in daily driving. They are better left on the track IMO

Cross drilled rotors necessary for street use. Good slotted rotors, quality pads and some good fluid is all will you ever need unless you have track days in mind.

.....and yes, Brembo is a good brake manufacturer lol

Last edited: