Just Getting Started

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If you are NOT going to do a full coilover setup, then the best option for struts are Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
in this game you really gotta pay to play... especially with your suspension. you gotta feel solid comfortable and confident you can take a turn without hesitation.

springs and shocks for daily driven - soft and mooth
full coilover systems for intense driving like auto x or racing - stiff and agressive.

super baller stuff has best of both worlds. if your setup is damper and height adujustable then it should be good for both daily and racing.

Last edited:

biggame

so wat should i get cuz i kinda wanna run in SCAA and drag it from time to time lol i kno, the best of both worlds..

hksb18

GM TECH
there are tons of coilover systems out there H&R,Progress,Skunk2,Tanabe,Tein etc.... its honestly more about price..they can get high up the in $600- $1000 range..just read up on features and figure out what will work for you..

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
so from my understanding on them (correct my if i'm wrong) if you want a good setup but not to much i've herd sunk2 is good. Then if you want a great setup which will cost probably twice as much go for Tiens.

I might be talking totaly out of my ass, and be absolutly wrong. lol

biggame

idk guys im leaning towards koni yellows and ground control coilovers, but my buddy said i need to do LCA and bushings and traction bars n strut under the hood and in the trunk n a sway bar correct?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellows would be a good starting point. Then get a rear sway bar, camber kit and strut tower bars

biggame

its a good start? i dont want just any suspension kit? like it that crap? i only wanna do the suspension once n i wanna do it right the first time u kno? unless somthin breaks of course... but i herd koni yellows and ground control were almost as good as it gets like the ppl i kno were hyping it up and basically puttin the koni yellows and the ground controls on a pedistool... like i want a really good suspension once my suspension is done n almost perfect thats when ill move on to my brake upgrade but i dont wanna buy one suspension if another 1 is 1 billion time better for just a little bit more.. thanks guys!!