Just Getting Started

biggame

Hey guys, I am new to this site but have been reading a lot lately, and I am just getting my project underway. I currently jus picked up a 1995 Integra LS. It has 150,000 milesn on it and needs all kinds of work.. basically EVERYTHING needs to b redone. I have expectations out of this car and I think I am gonna do a full suspension upgrade, then brake upgrade, then engine and trans... Any thoughts or comments or reccommendations? Thanks!!

heykosal

Angkorian
welcome!! it was frustrating for me because i too had to fix a lot when i first got my teg. just make sure you get the car running and working properly before you start spending money on performance upgrades. a couple people on here like jdmxdb8 are also doing suspension upgrages before working on their motors, thats a good place to get going.
im still working on getting some little things fixed on mine, but i just bought headers and am waiting on a cat so you arent too far behind me lol. welcome to the club.

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
Welcome to CI! and i cant emphasize more than what he said. Definetly make sure the car is working great before you start spending money on performance... I also started with suspension first, still have some things to upgrade on it before i try performance.

Again welcome to CI! and we are here to help! :) (I might not be much help, but i try)

steelies_ftw

well if you dont mind me asking, wut are your plans for ur teg, o and welcome to Ci

biggame

well it works and runs ok, the only problem that I have is somtimes, i dk if its just when it is cold or wat but sometimes i have to crank it several times for it to start but the times that i crank it and it dosnt start its just a click sound like the batt. is dead or somthin but then there are days where it starts right up. Thats really my only main concern (running wise). Also I changed the oil today since I had just gotten it and want to be on the safe side and noticed my boots are drastically ripped.. hmm, other then that there are jus a lot of cosmetic problems like the taillight is hot glued in. the interior is beige and its a black car and the kid painted stuff blue... like minor things like that... im gonna b doing a full type R interior swap to black soon also, with a type r front end, but the type R front end will b the last thing done... I'm aiming to have a suspenion picked out and in my hands by next weekend...

biggame

O and also the guy seems like completely broke the power antenna and jus stuck any antenna in there and i can just pull it out, its pathetic... do u guys kno where i can get that smaller one? thats like 4 or 5 inches? Thanks Guys!!! i appriciate it!!!!

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
no there is some custom fitting to do i think.. ill see if i can find a DIY for ya.

Last edited:

biggame

Thanks bro im sry i new to this whole thing i dont really kno abrieviations i used to have camaros n shit but i like honda sooo much more, wats DIY n also i this is probly the dumbass question to ask on here and i prob sound dumb but wast DC and DC 2 integ? cuz all my friends say all those codes n EK civic n shit wats the DC thanks bro!!

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
Thanks bro im sry i new to this whole thing i dont really kno abrieviations i used to have camaros n shit but i like honda sooo much more, wats DIY n also i this is probly the dumbass question to ask on here and i prob sound dumb but wast DC and DC 2 integ? cuz all my friends say all those codes n EK civic n shit wats the DC thanks bro!!
First DIY is "Do It Yourself" :)

Dont worry i didnt know what all that DC, DB, EK crap was. It stands for the Body type. DC2, DC4, DB8. They get it from the VIN on your car. DC is the 2 door and DB is the 4 door. Thats only for the 3rd gens i believe.