Where can I get DRY carbon fiber??!!!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
There are two ways to apply the resin to the fabric in a vacuum mold.

One is called a wet layup, where the two-part resin is mixed and applied before being laid in the mold and placed in the bag.

The other is a resin induction system, where the dry fabric and mold are placed inside the bag while the vacuum pulls the resin through a small tube into the bag, then through a tube with holes or something similar to evenly spread the resin throughout the fabric.

Both of these methods of applying resin require hand work to spread the resin evenly for a glossy finish with very small pin-holes

A third method of constructing composite materials is known as a dry layup. Here, the carbon fiber material is already impregnated with resin (pre-preg) and is applied to the mold in a similar fashion to adhesive film. The assembly is then placed in a vacuum to cure. The dry layup method has the least amount of resin waste and can achieve lighter constructions than wet layup.

heykosal

Angkorian
A third method of constructing composite materials is known as a dry layup. Here, the carbon fiber material is already impregnated with resin (pre-preg) and is applied to the mold in a similar fashion to adhesive film. The assembly is then placed in a vacuum to cure. The dry layup method has the least amount of resin waste and can achieve lighter constructions than wet layup.
oOoO fancy :lol:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Omi, you're so smart...

Jimmy, what the hell are you talking about? lol

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, I think your mom looks better wet too, but I don't go bragging about it on the internet....

jp man. lol,I just had to throw something in there to get you back.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
lol, I think your mom looks better wet too, but I don't go bragging about it on the internet....

jp man. lol,I just had to throw something in there to get you back.
didnt i hear you were in jail tossing someone's salad?