help with hooking up.

juicyj

the blox intake manifold is more exspensive then the skunk2. cuz its 375 bt the skunk 2 is 200. well i can get it for 200 brand new.

TypeR?

the blox intake manifold is more exspensive then the skunk2. cuz its 375 bt the skunk 2 is 200. well i can get it for 200 brand new.
:shock: NO.....#1.the blox is not more expensive than the s2. #2. where did you find an s2 manifold for 200 bucks brand new?!

this is where i get my parts from:eek:k:
www.streetrays.com

hksb18

GM TECH
you can buy it but you wont be happy with the results..imo i think you should wait and do other mods first

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
intake header and exhaust are generally most peoples first steps. but you should decide what your goals are going to be. theres more to it then just "making it fast". you should figure out if you wanna go all motor or boost and where you wanna make your power. things of that sort

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I think he's only listening to the responses he wants to hear, and then consequently talking those comments out of context, because no one in this thread has recommended he put any aftermarket IM on his car, but many have said not to.

Juicy, you don't want to put an aftermarket IM on a stock B18B engine, period. Doesn't matter if it's a Skunk2 or Blox, a BBK, an Airmass or a JG Edlebrock. It'll gut your low end and midrange TQ for little (if any) gains way up in the rpm range, you'll be slower overall.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
.... what to make my car fast... ha!

get some vtec, then some spray, then some PSI.

oh, and listen to tegsox. he knows what he's talking about.

tisguy

a few have already suggested starting with the basic bolt ons: intake,exhaust, header. those should hold you over until you decide to make more power through forced induction or all motor (assuming you haven't planned everything out yet).

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, I'd get an intake/header/high flow cat/exhaust first thing. Tell us if you want to emphasize midrange or high RPM power increase, and we can recommend some good parts you should get to put together a properly sized system you'll get sweet HP gains out of.

Check out THIS Sticky in the All Motor forum.

juicyj

yea

well i want mid range cuz i like a good pull off in 3rd n 4th. and my plan is going boost. so im not getting headers. tegsox what did you do o ur integra???