Possibly buying an Integra

Jecht

I'm thinking about buying a 94-01 Integra but I have some questions first.

Are there any aftermarket springs that have a good rate over stock but have the rate for the front and rear about the same? I was thinking about H&R Sport Springs on some adjustable shocks like Tokico Illuminas. Is there anyone who has this setup who could attest to what it drives like? Any problems with daily driving?

What brand/model exhaust system is good for daily driving? My friend Robbie has an Evo2 axle back (I think) on his DB and its too loud for my tastes for a daily. I was looking into Apexi World Sport 2, but they only sell it as a muffler now and I would prefer a full cat-back. I guess I could get one of the local shops to do the piping. :???:

OEM ITR wing - will it bolt into the hatch in the same holes as the OEM GSR spoiler?

I've liked Integras for a while now, but now that it is time for me to find a better car, my g/f has found an interest in Integras as well so I think its a good choice.:)

Sammich

lol look at magius postin up in here..tryna search fuh dem powuhd winduhz lol..its PBS man sup..as far as the ITR spoiler..it uses the same holes to bolt in yes, but u will have two holes that will need to be filled in

Jecht

lol look at magius postin up in here..tryna search fuh dem powuhd winduhz lol..its PBS man sup..as far as the ITR spoiler..it uses the same holes to bolt in yes, but u will have two holes that will need to be filled in
Lirl Whats up?
Only two holes? That isn't that bad, I could just plug them for the time being.

(I don't have a teg yet, I'm just asking these ahead of time lol)

As per GSR vs LS, I'll buy whichever I can find. I'm not worrying too much about power since I'm used to driving my Jetta which dyno'ed at 95whp. lmao

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
First you won't want a spring that has the same rate front and back, that will ride like shit. Most companys like eibach and h&r have a street model that will perform and ride a million times better than stock, so you shouldn't have a problem with that. As for exhaust there's a ton of models and if you read the descriptions on most they will usually say how lound they are. I would not reccomend getting an exhaust done at a muffler shop, they use crush bent piping and cheap piping, it will sound like crap that way. Check out some of the tuner sites in our "where and where not to buy" forum and you'll surely come across something you like, also wait to see what kind of integra you will get. Welcome to the club and get your car before you start worrying about trivial stuff like exhausts:thumbs up

Jecht

First you won't want a spring that has the same rate front and back, that will ride like shit. Most companys like eibach and h&r have a street model that will perform and ride a million times better than stock, so you shouldn't have a problem with that. As for exhaust there's a ton of models and if you read the descriptions on most they will usually say how lound they are. I would not reccomend getting an exhaust done at a muffler shop, they use crush bent piping and cheap piping, it will sound like crap that way. Check out some of the tuner sites in our "where and where not to buy" forum and you'll surely come across something you like, also wait to see what kind of integra you will get. Welcome to the club and get your car before you start worrying about trivial stuff like exhausts:thumbs up
Well I'm not worried too much about the ride quality, just as long as it doesn't scrape over everything. I'm interested in having a higher spring rate in the back so that there will be less understeer. I still need to figure in the fact that the spring and shock in the rear should be taller than the ones in the front so that will play a part in how high of a spring rate that would be good for the car. Higher spring rate in the rear + a larger rear sway bar should get rid of understeer, right?

Sammich

Lirl Whats up?
Only two holes? That isn't that bad, I could just plug them for the time being.

(I don't have a teg yet, I'm just asking these ahead of time lol)

As per GSR vs LS, I'll buy whichever I can find. I'm not worrying too much about power since I'm used to driving my Jetta which dyno'ed at 95whp. lmao
yea i taped my holes when i had the ITR spoiler on my gsr..but now..i'm loving wingless:D..right now i need to get off my ass and track down some plugs for my holes

Sammich

Well I'm not worried too much about the ride quality, just as long as it doesn't scrape over everything. I'm interested in having a higher spring rate in the back so that there will be less understeer. I still need to figure in the fact that the spring and shock in the rear should be taller than the ones in the front so that will play a part in how high of a spring rate that would be good for the car. Higher spring rate in the rear + a larger rear sway bar should get rid of understeer, right?
if thats the case...stay 2.5" and lower...i scrape on about everything i touch lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea like I said just about all major suspension companies have already done the math so as long as you stick with a reputable product you'll be fine. As for understeer you have a fwd car, you'll never get rid of it.

Jecht

Yea like I said just about all major suspension companies have already done the math so as long as you stick with a reputable product you'll be fine. As for understeer you have a fwd car, you'll never get rid of it.
Thats not necessarily true, with the proper suspension setup you can certainly get rid of it. Generally, higher spring rate in the back = less understeer. With swaybars and a stiffer body, you can get a FWD car to oversteer when you lift off the throttle. I was just curious if anyone had used the H&R Sport springs.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
1. I currently ride on Tokico non adjustable and Tein S-Techs. I don't have a problem with bounciness. Aside from the fact that you cannot adjust the stiffness of the shock I think it's a decent entry-level setup. I don't see what the H&R paired with the Tokico.

2. Quiet exhaust. GReddy SP2, A'PEXi WS2, RSR Ex-Mag.

3. I'm not 100% sure on the spoilers. I've heard you cannot use the same holes for SE, GSR spoiler and OEM ITR.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Thats not necessarily true, with the proper suspension setup you can certainly get rid of it. Generally, higher spring rate in the back = less understeer. With swaybars and a stiffer body, you can get a FWD car to oversteer when you lift off the throttle. I was just curious if anyone had used the H&R Sport springs.
That is necessarily true, you have all your weight on your front tires with all your power going to them also. Making the back stiffer doesn't change the dynamics of the car, you can surely lessen the effect tho by making it stiffer, but you won't change it completely. Those terms are used to describe the basic steering characteristics of a car under normal cornering conditions and should not be confused with its behavior when sliding