fog light fuse problem

BlueMistDA

everytime i change my fuse for my fog light, it blows out right away. Anyone have any idea of what the problem is. mine takes 15A and ive tried others as well. they all blow out

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
check the wires. something is shorting out somewhere...

Please never put a greater amp fuse in ever again. it will burn your car down.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
check the wires. something is shorting out somewhere...

Please never put a greater amp fuse in ever again. it will burn your car down.
This man speaks the truth. Something is probably crossed over or grounding out somewhere

......especially the last two sentences!!!!! Fuses are there for a reason. Running a higher amp fuse then required is NOT good. It can definitely burn some shit up.......whether it is your car or just that part of your wiring. Something else is going on, stick to the regular fuse

Last edited:

BlueMistDA

all the wires seem to be fine and i dont see anything grounded yet it still blows out the fuse right wheni turn it on. anyother ideas

nautica_t

it doesn't matter if it looks fine, it SHORTING period. no if but and about it,
fuses don't just randomly just blow unless its been shorted out, so find that wire that is grounded, or it could be a splice in the wire or you used a huge amp already and it fused a couple of wires together.

look carefully and what did you do last before it started happening.

check to see if your wires are rubbing against any metal through the firewall or not, trust me, you do not want an electrical fire.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Find where the relay gets power, follow to the relay, to the fuse, to the lights, to ground.

I promise you that's it... it may even be grounding out thru the housing / thru another wire somewhere.

and you have to see something grounded... otherwise it wouldn't complete the circut. lol

Man A

homewreker
just wondering if you did the fog light rewire? where you can turn on the fogs without the headlights.