trunk mat board?

mteg

Automatic Lover
The cheapest route is to take buy a piece of mat board, trace out the pattern using a good one, and just cut out one yourself. No one sees it, so it doesn't have to be perfect. A lot of salvage yards won't stock these cause moisture will cause the mat baord to mold and warp. You could try looking at a junk yard but I doubt you'll find one. Ordering them online is going to be expensive for purchasing and shipping. Good luck.

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
yea i was thinking about doing that, i just want it to fit right and not be all crappy and rattle or move around. but i might try doing that first.

heykosal

Angkorian
i called off work today but when i go tomorrow ill get a shipping rate and let you know...whats your zip?

VTEC420

Just trace a good one and use some plywood to make a new one. Seal it with some black paint and let it air out for a day or two before putting it in the car or else it'll stink pretty bad for a few days. Just try and reattach the foam block with some contact cement to keep it from sitting right on the frame.

I did this with mine and was able to put a couple of hinges on it too so I can get to my spare tire without taking evertything out of the trunk.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Just trace a good one and use some plywood to make a new one. Seal it with some black paint and let it air out for a day or two before putting it in the car or else it'll stink pretty bad for a few days. Just try and reattach the foam block with some contact cement to keep it from sitting right on the frame.

I did this with mine and was able to put a couple of hinges on it too so I can get to my spare tire without taking evertything out of the trunk.
That's what you should do right there. I remember seeing the price for one of those covers a while back brand new from a dealership. Can't remember the exact price but it was ridiculously expensive, like $50-$100. Your way better off buying a slab of wood from Home Depot, borrowing a good cover from someone and tracing it, and cut it out yourself. The take it to the next level and paint it so it lasts a long time. And even hinge it, that's a good idea too. I did that to my own OEM spare tire cover so I could get at my spare without having to remove my stereo system.