Throttle Body Question For Itr Owners

SOLOTR95

Im In Market For Buying A New Bigger Throttle Body For The Type-r. What Size Should I Get And What Brand. I Am Planning To Bore Out The Intake Manifold If I Go Bigger.

I Have Dealt With The Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body With 70mm Bore For The Intake Manifold For My Gsr And It Worked Good.

Should I Go That Route?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If I were an ITR owner, I'd suggest you don't get a 70mm TB, that's way too large for an all motor setup. Then I'd ask how far you plan on going with your mods, to help give a more accurate answer for you. But since this thread is for Type R owners, I'll go away now.:D

mteg

Automatic Lover
68mm is probably enough. Your still going to have to go with either a bored out IM or an aftermarket with a matching inlet. What else you doing to the motor?

Sirfallsalot243

Leave it stock. Unless the engine is built, you arent moving enough air for the TB to be a major restriction point. I have a pretty built B18C1 making 185whp NA, and my TB is stock. If youre dead set on upgrading it, id go no bigger than 65mm. 70mm is way too big for a NA car.

SOLOTR95

So what exactly would happend if you would go to big?

I plan on doing turbo on it. I already got a TOP FUEL TURBO KIT on hold from JAPAN.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
ITRs are sexier N/A IMO, you should have ITBs on hold.