Clutch Help For My Itr

SOLOTR95

Thinking About Looking Into Buying A New Race Clutch Any Suggestions On What Brands To Go With?

heykosal

Angkorian
supposedly ACT stands for axle cracking technology and exedy is the way to go. but what do i know, ive never been in the market for a clutch.

Sammich

i have a competition clutch stage 1 in my gsr. it's nice, but reverse has ALOT of chatter in it. mainly probably because i need new mounts, but it's a nice clutch despite that.

i've heard good things about exedy too

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've had good results with SPEC clutches, haven't really heard anything good about CC, ACT are pretty reputable and Exedy and Centerforce are my favorite.

Sammich

I've had good results with SPEC clutches, haven't really heard anything good about CC, ACT are pretty reputable and Exedy and Centerforce are my favorite.
only thing i don't like about my competition clutch is the chatter in reverse, but i think its wearing off...i think:???:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
only thing i don't like about my competition clutch is the chatter in reverse, but i think its wearing off...i think:???:
Well the only reason I say that is because I heard there fine for most applications but i've also heard of a few cases now with problems with them at higher rpms and since he had a Type R I was thinking he might have a problem wtih them, but they might be fine, shit there very reasonably priced, I think i'm getting one for my setup.

Sammich

yea thats understandable. i heard things about exedy stage one, which shyed me away from getting the exedy instead.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have the Exedy Stage 1 organic clutch in my GSR, has always held my 183whp/133wtq with no problems. And the stiffness is nearly stock, maybe a 5-10% stiffness increase, next to nothing. Whatever brand you go with, stay with "Stage 1" unless you clearly expect to go beyond X company's Stage 1 clutch handling capabilities with your future mods. Bigger isn't better with clutches, if something goes wrong, you want the clutch to take the abuse, not your axles or tranny. When in doubt, go with the "weaker" clutch. Though those situations are rare that you should be torn between Stage 1 vs. 2 / 2 vs. 3, just read up on what each manufacturers whp ratings are for each of their clutches, and it shouldn't be hard to make the right decision.

My Exedy

Last edited:

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
i got the same clutch as teg sox exedy stage 1 organic with a act streetlight flywheel, grabs good and not extremely stiff at the pedal.