New, just bought 92 GSR ** need ADVICE **

DarkDB1

I have a ultraflow muffler :cry:

If you can listen past the wind noise and clicking of the camera. You can hear the exhaust while getting on the freeway.

It's a deep growl. Not ricey and is only heard in higher RPMs.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
kl33v3r said:
thanks again.

the mechanic suggested an Alterflow Muffler
i'm sacred of getting a muffler that will sound "Ricey", you know.. the car is doing 10km/hr but the muffler sounds like its doing 150km/hr.

i don't want that but i do want something better then just stock

is the RS*R Ex-Mag Cat back better then the "Alterflow muffler" ?

thanks for all the info
Rsr has a nice tone, isnt obnoxious at all. I would have one if I was staying N/A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw87s5oqTIw

kl33v3r

thanks for posting the clip

the mechanic already orderd and installed the Ultraflow muffler so its all good

now on to suspension ;)

mattrt09

thanks for posting the clip

the mechanic already orderd and installed the Ultraflow muffler so its all good

now on to suspension ;)
be carefull suspension is risky business. If i were you i would research coilovers and find the best ones for the best price, Ii used to have H&R springs on my stock shocks and blew the shocks in a month, i bottomed out on every little bump. I now have tein basics and i never bottom out and the ride is 100 times better. I highley recommend full coils, if your going to get spring you have to get shocks to because if you dont you will eventually blow your shocks no matter the drop. Negative camber on G2 usually comes with lowering your car more than 2 inches. 99% of the time if you stay above a 2 inch drop your ok but if you go over you better have a camber kit which is not cheap.

So overall springs/shocks/camber kit or coilovers will both come out to about the same price, but had having both i recommend coilovers.

DarkDB1

Dont skimp on suspension.

From personal experience, At the moment i have EBAY Coil Overs with KYB GR2 Struts/shocks on it.

I bottomed out so much my catalaytic converter is shot from bottoming out in a car wash, The resonator is banged up from everything.

Lesson learned, I now have Tokico Illumina's with H&R Race springs coming in.

Also camber kit is not something that need's to be done ASAP, It's the type of thing that you put on your list and do whenever you have a chance.

But recommended to be within the same month or your tire's will start balding alot faster, And your alignment will be a little off.

mattrt09

Dont skimp on suspension.

From personal experience, At the moment i have EBAY Coil Overs with KYB GR2 Struts/shocks on it.

I bottomed out so much my catalaytic converter is shot from bottoming out in a car wash, The resonator is banged up from everything.

Lesson learned, I now have Tokico Illumina's with H&R Race springs coming in.

Also camber kit is not something that need's to be done ASAP, It's the type of thing that you put on your list and do whenever you have a chance.

But recommended to be within the same month or your tire's will start balding alot faster, And your alignment will be a little off.
my friend has the same seteup of kyb gr2's and h& r's and he still bottoms out......if those are the H&R's you get off ebay they are a 3.5 rear drop 3in front lol i used to have them and my cat and piping payed the price

DarkDB1

There is no way in hell, It's a 3" drop.

I've seen this set up MANY many time's (except the shocks part, As far as i know. Im the only one with Tokico Illumina's [Adjustables] with H&R race springs)

I ordered the springs off tirerack.com because i dont trust ebay with springs anymore :(

Mr.DB2

The Rubber Man
Re-mapping my ECU was one of the best mods I ever did,besides the usual Intake,header,&exhuast.