Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoundEfx

They can't make better bikes, so they are preventing other companies from doing just that. Best way to stay in business.

94RS

No fucks given.
They can't make better bikes, so they are preventing other companies from doing just that. Best way to stay in business.

Pretty much. Even with the 1125R/CR, those bikes were 1125cc instead of 1200's because Harley told Buell they couldn't go over the V-Rod's displacement (1130cc at the time) since they were using a non-Harley sourced engine.

They did whatever they could to keep Buell from being a major success because they were afraid of people coming into dealerships to buy the 10-12k sportbike rather than the 30-40k cruiser. They don't care about the bike or the rider, they care about how much money they can make.

R13

The other asshole
They don't care about the bike or the rider, they care about how much money they can make.
Which is a shame because a lot of the dealerships themselves are great, they'll let you hang out, look around, take some bikes out for test rides, or just fucking waste their time and drink coffee with them all day.

Back when I had the cbr I got up one day and decided to ride up to a dealer to check out some stuff, hung out for 2-3 hours, fucking around, completely wasting their time, and they were totally cool about it :lol:

They didn't even have the typical Harley smart ass thing to say about the RR about "selling/trading it in for a real bike"

SoundEfx

They might just be good ole cool peeps.

I drove my friend to a dealership and after they found out who was buying, I didn't even know where the bathroom was after 3 hours of just waiting around....lol

R13

The other asshole
Fucking around with an app.

Packed up my camera, hopped on the bike, rolled out of the garage and fuck if lightning didn't strike the ground one street over and it immediately started pouring fucking rain.

Then by the time I got back inside and took my gear off, it fucking quit. :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
If it had the full fairing kit with the Firebolt top, that's how the 1125 should've came to begin with.

R13

The other asshole
That's a bike I kinda want :lol: can you buy the fairings?

That shitty blue on the frame/swingarm/wheels would have to go though...

94RS

No fucks given.
That's a bike I kinda want :lol: can you buy the fairings?

That s***ty blue on the frame/swingarm/wheels would have to go though...
There's a few companies that still make fairings for Buells. Airtech is around 1k, as is another company called Catalyst Composites, but it looks like they attach to the upper fairing. Meaning you'd have to modify to run a Firebolt setup.

There's one that isn't like that by Flexi-Glass that's around $500 or so. You'd probably have to modify the left side to work with a kickstand though.

Add in another $150 or so for a Firebolt upper.

94RS

No fucks given.
You lie in redneck central, I'm sure someone out there repairs Corvette bodywork... Could have them fabricate something :lol:

R13

The other asshole
There's actually a shop about 20 minutes away that's been in business for as long as I can remember called Hillbilly Vette :rolf:

Pretty sure they had a hand in this is well :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
:rolf: "Hillbilly Vette?" Seriously...? There's not even a fucking joke for that :rolf:

Besides that fucking scoop, the C3's kinda cool.